• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

As an ex-Giant chucker, the domey VIP one I had was still miles more OS than my Legend Outlaw or Icon Rampage. Plus, it would do skips/bounces better, especially when it came down straight on its wing/edge (basically 12-6 on the clockface), it'd just keep bouncing along to the direction of the fade. That one I think only ever failed to fade back once, Rampage has more headwind non-comebacks already.

Yeah, I don't throw my pinnacle rampages full power into a headwind or a decent right to left cross wind but they go forever when you get the angle right. Also, I'm not surprised VIP skips better than icon or legend, Pinnacle plastic is a closer comparison and as most will attest, candy plastic skips the best.

I like how Rampages will do whatever flip they're gonna do, then ride. I was pulling my slightly seasoned pinnacle Rampage close to 475' yesterday while my best Outlaw flexes were maxing around 430'.

I recently pulled my fresh most stable red icon Rampage out of the bag in favor of the FR white Outlaw I've been beating in since they first came out. Currently, my silver legend Outlaw is doing just fine into 20+mph winds yesterday and getting 400'+ only when the headwind was strong enough to stand it up.

My current go far set up in fresh silver legend Outlaw, seasoned FR white Outlaw, lightly seasoned stable white pinnacle Rampage, beat pink pinnacle Rampage. I've got three Pinnacle Outlaws ordered, can't wait:D

Last edited:
With all the talk about PinnLaws and their stabilities, I had a thought. What are the different stabilities for legend Outlaws? I know gunmetal is the most beefy, but after that I have no idea.

Own Pink and Gunmetal legends. Pink one is much flatter and pretty beefy, too. Not like a gunmetal OS though.

Yeah, I don't throw my pinnacle rampages full power into a headwind or a decent right to left cross wind but they go forever when you get the angle right. Also, I'm not surprised VIP skips better than icon or legend, Pinnacle plastic is a closer comparison and as most will attest, candy plastic skips the best.

My Pinnacle Rampage might be a skipper, but it doesn't pack even the same amount of fade than my Icon. In fact, the PinRamp is surprisingly straight, especially compared to the Icon, PinRamp flies much more like my two fairly US Cannons :confused: . Was hoping the PinRamp would cover the Outlaw slot for darker seasons (for LED use), but since it flies closer to Cannons (one of which has a LED), here's hoping PinLaws will do the trick.

With all the talk about PinnLaws and their stabilities, I had a thought. What are the different stabilities for legend Outlaws? I know gunmetal is the most beefy, but after that I have no idea.

Gunmetal
Pink
Blue
Silver/Purple/Emerald
Slime

Gunmetal
Pink
Blue
Silver/Purple/Emerald
Slime

I think this seems accurate. My blue is very overstable, and I love it. I have a slime green phenom and it's more understable than my patriot.

Still, can't wait to throw a pinnacle outlaw. My first pinnacle rampage was my favorite disc, but I lost it in a river a few ice bowls ago.

I think this seems accurate. My blue is very overstable, and I love it. I have a slime green phenom and it's more understable than my patriot.

Still, can't wait to throw a pinnacle outlaw. My first pinnacle rampage was my favorite disc, but I lost it in a river a few ice bowls ago.

I've got 3 slime legend rivals with decent dome that are a tick more stable than my two gunmetal rivals. My buds slime Patriot started out a half tick more HSS than my silvers and slime. You know the drill, plastic runs vary so find a run you like, cross your fingers, and buy a stack.

Just ordered a aqua-greenish pinnlaw and am really excited to get this release.

I am curious to see how it compares to the destroyer and trespass. I'm guessing it'll be in between, more stable than a destroyer and more similar or a tick less stable than my trespass. Or at least have a little turn, where my trespass is a straight flyer.

Yes!

Got a green, white, and orange pinnacle package in the mail today so I decided to take the gang to the practice field and into a slight 5-10 mph headwind.

Stability most to least:

crush the wind group/want to spike
174 Orange Lucid Enforcer 9/10 (stupid OS not really in the same class, best throw 350' on huge flex)
174 Green FR D1 7/10 (early Memorial OS run)
174 Orange Pinnacle (very close to ^ D1, bigger skip fade)
174 White Pinnacle (a tick less HSS than orange pin)
175 Blue Legend 9/10 (close to white pin)
174 Green Pinnacle (half tick less HSS slightly than white pin)

overstable with sweeping fade group
175 Silver Legend 9/10
175 Silver Legend 7/10 (will remain in bag for really windy days on open courses)

stable with forward fade
174 White FR icon 9/10
175 White FR icon 9/10
174 White D3G 8/10 (Cam rookie putty white)
172 Green D1G 8/10 (almost no fade on a low line at 400')

not for headwinds
173 Red SR icon 8/10
174 White FR icon 6/10 (goto stable and main flick disc)
168 Blue SR icon 8/10
168 Blue SR icon 8/10 (gonna drop the stable Rampage for this one)

Mine came in almost puddle topped...puddle top, flat topped or domey for you guyses?

Wow so green, white, orange all really overstable. I wonder about these reports coming in, the people claiming they are flippy might just be OATing them to death.

Definitely want to pick up a lighter yellow or lavender to see how they fly.

I've got a lavender coming, I'll throw it with my first and second runs and with a destroyer I have and come back with results

My blue pinlaw flys almost exactly like my FR pink did out the box. Very stable, very little to no turn and good strong fade. My 168 pinkish white is very close to a fresh FR Orange.

Ok. So, this is strange. Pinnacle plastic is usually a favorite of mine. But, I ordered a pinnacle outlaw and it is extremely strange to me. The picture probably won't display what I'm talking about properly.

The greenish pinnacle outlaw I orded feels and looks as if the top has been shilacked? It's glossy, it's like a clear coat was put over the top. And the bottom of the disc is smooth and not the same as the top? I am really confused by this, anyone else get one of these with similar characteristics?

picture.php

I have lots of pinnacle discs and none anything like this. In fact, I've never seen any disc like this.

My icon outlaws have all been similar, the top is much glossier than the bottom. I assume they did some extra polishing on the top side of the outlaw mold. I have a lavender on the way, we'll see if it looks similar.

^^^Hmm, interesting. I will have to take a closer look at mine when I get home to see if mine look the same. Both of mine are white 174g, and they are flying nice and stable. Great compliment to the 167g Icons I normally throw.

I have 2 slime legend, 2 gunmetal legend, and 2 icons and they all look like this. Shiny top, matte bottom.

My lavender 168g came in. More like white with lavender swirls, pretty cool. Plastic feels great. Flatter than I was expecting, feels exactly like the old white *D Destroyer I've got in the bag.

Glossy top, bottom is a little less glossy. I guess that's normal.

77829F18-5CE5-48A6-BBFC-027E4B37EC7B.jpg

Latest posts