• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Picked up a blue Legend Outlaw and it's not nearly as OS as I hoped it would be. Sounds like the gunmetal legends are crazy overstable- what's in between? Pink?

The two slime legend that I have are a step down from gun metal. They can carry for some distance but I can't see them flipping for less than 500' of power. I certainly can't turn them at all.

I have been using an ICON Outlaw 174g for a little while now and this disc rules. Landed me a couple nice birdies on a looong course. I also used a 172g Legend Outlaw. It was really sweet....until I blitzed a tree and it warped the wing. Now I only use it over water shots...kinda bums me out....but I smoked the tree trunk on a long hole so I'm not surprised it got bent.

I finally ordered some Pinnacle Outlaws and should be here today. I'm hoping they fly like my Icon, maybe a hair more HSS...we shall see

1st Run Pin Outlaw 175g!! I cant wait to test em out.

That video with Steve Rico throwing them made them look pretty beefy. I want to snag one but should probably wait to figure out color/weight effects on stability.

I got 2 1st Run Pinn Outlaws both 175g. Thy fly nice and straight for about 40% of the flight then its a smooth hyzer, then a sharp hyzer right at the end. they are quite stable-overstable. Fights wind. I mainly use these suckers in headwinds or hyzers, forehand and if I feel like pumping a sky anny. Nice discs, I prefer them to Destroyers mainly because they seem more consistent. All the outlaws Ive tried fly the same (Icon beating into a lil less OS but still so similar) Of course things vary, but destroyers lately...for me...have been all over the place in stability.

Well, I just ordered a couple lighter-weight (169g) lilac second-run Pinnacle Outlaws. I am hoping they will be a good compliment to my beefy white first-runs. I know they just released this week, but has anyone received the second-runs yet? Care to report back on flight and feel vs. the first run?

My 2nd run blue feels pretty close to my first run lavender but is a bit more stable. I have a second run white coming today so we'll see how that flies. All sub 170g for weights

I ordered a 175 lavender/pink and a 175 white 2nd run pinnacle to compare to my 1st run 175 white. For me the 2nd run white was extremely overatable where I could barely get it out to 330 on a straight line, where as the pink was more manageable on the same line. Also ordered a pink 169 and it bombs for both FH and BH (around 390 for me).

My 2nd run blue feels pretty close to my first run lavender but is a bit more stable. I have a second run white coming today so we'll see how that flies. All sub 170g for weights

Gotcha, my first-run whites are fairly stable. It will be interesting to see how the second-run white one stack up. Did you get to throw it yet?

I ordered a 175 lavender/pink and a 175 white 2nd run pinnacle to compare to my 1st run 175 white. For me the 2nd run white was extremely overatable where I could barely get it out to 330 on a straight line, where as the pink was more manageable on the same line. Also ordered a pink 169 and it bombs for both FH and BH (around 390 for me).

Nice, I am hoping the lilac/purple second-runs I ordered fly closer to how you describe your pinks. They arrive today, so we'll see.

My FR Purple Icon Outlaw, which granted has year and a half of breaking in period, is nowhere near as beefy as the FR Green Pinnacle Outlaw. If SR Pinnacles are more like FR Icons, I'll probably stick with the current line-up of Outlaws.

I was finally able to get out and throw my 174g white that I got and it's beef. I can max about 500' and I couldn't get this thing past 370-380' with a slight hyzer release. It's amazing for forehands or headwinds though, I'm really happy with how it flies. It's a nice compliment to my other straighter Outlaws in the bag currently.

How does an icon outlaw (blue) compare to a champ wraith?
A closer comparison would be an Icon Outlaw compared to a Star Destroyer with the Outlaw being a tad faster. Keep in mind there have been a ton more destroyers produced than outlaws so flight characteristics don't vary as widely with outlaws as they do with the wildly popular, mass production destroyer.

I've got a couple blue 168 SR icon outlaws that are relatively flippy but similar in feel/grip compared to my icon FRs and multiple production icon runs. I'd say that icon Outlaws are softer than most star blends which is great for grip and cycling. I played a tourney this weekend and had five in the bag to cover everything longer than teebird/375'.

On the whole, I'd bet that if you are struggling to get your champ wraith up to speed the Outlaw maybe too much disc for anything but big headwinds, spikes, and hard skips.

It's been a minute but I gotta give the Outlaw some love after my first PDGA Open win. We played three rounds on two long par 58 courses where I leaned on four Icon Outlaws (38 throws) and a Pinnacle Rampage (2 wide open throws) to take care of my go really far needs. I left a couple flippy backhand turnover Outlaws unused in the cart, shortened and cleaned up my sidearm run up, and flicked my stable Outlaws up to 375' on hyzer lines I didn't know I could reach.

Thanks to all the Grandmasters that didn't show which inspired me to give the young guns a go and Legacy Icon plastic that crushes the wind when shaped like an Outlaw:thmbup:

Just wondering if someone could give me a rundown of plastic stabilities in general. I know 1st/2nd runs and color seem to make a difference on stability. I was just wanting comparison of legend, sparkle, pinnacle, icon, etc. I know generally pinnacle is more overstable than icon and thats it. I tried searching thread but didn't see so I apologize if its posted before. thanks.

Just wondering if someone could give me a rundown of plastic stabilities in general. I know 1st/2nd runs and color seem to make a difference on stability. I was just wanting comparison of legend, sparkle, pinnacle, icon, etc. I know generally pinnacle is more overstable than icon and thats it. I tried searching thread but didn't see so I apologize if its posted before. thanks.

PLH will be a more telling sign of stability, but from what I have noticed:

In order of less stable > most OS

Pinnacle (FR lavender 167-ish) > Pinnacle (green, black) > Icon (orange, white, burgundy, blue) > Icon (FR pink, FR red) > Legend (purple) > Red Sparkle > Legend (emerald, pink) > Pinnacle (aqua) > Legend (gunmetal*)

That doesn't cover ever plastic/color combination, but that should be a rough guideline.

For reference, I carry 4 (~400' FH & BH).

Emerald Legend (nice and OS; mostly FH or spikes)
Purple Legend (fresh, moderately OS)
Purple Legend (beat; stable - will turn)
Lavender Pinnacle (flippy; great turn for long flex shots, or long straight hyzer flips)

Here's my run down from earlier this year plus some others added in blue.

Got a green, white, and orange pinnacle package in the mail today so I decided to take the gang to the practice field and into a slight 5-10 mph headwind.

Stability most to least:

crush the wind group/want to spike
174 Orange Lucid Enforcer 9/10 (stupid OS not really in the same class, best throw 350' on huge flex)
174 Green FR D1 7/10 (early Memorial OS run)
174 Orange Pinnacle (very close to ^ D1, bigger skip fade)
175 Aqua Pinnacle SR
174 White Pinnacle (a tick less HSS than orange pin)
175 Blue Legend 9/10 (close to white pin)
174 Green Pinnacle (half tick less HSS slightly than white pin)
174 & 175 pale Yellow pinnacles (half tick less stable than Green pinnacle; still more stable than Silver legends.

overstable with sweeping fade group
175 Silver Legend 9/10
174 Red icon production 6-7/10 (current goto headwind; no turn in <20mph headwind; 375' max BH & 310' max FH)
175 Silver Legend 7/10 (will remain in bag for really windy days on open courses)

stable with forward fade
174 White FR icon 9/10
175 White FR icon 9/10
174 White D3G 8/10 (Cam rookie putty white)
169 (2) Blue icon production Bowling Green 2016 CFR
174 Purple Legend 8/10 ("Supremeflight" CFR; slightly more dome that blue legend below)
172 Green D1G 8/10 (almost no fade on a low line at 400')

not for headwinds
173 Blue legend 8/10 (got from buzzzchief; flat "Supremeflight" CFR
173 Red SR icon 8/10
175 Red SR icon 7/10
167 (3) White icon production run
174 White FR icon 6/10 (goto stable and main flick disc)
167 White icon production run 6/10 (same run and wt. as above, now seasoned, will fade on less than 400' power; stable into <10mph headwind)
168 Blue SR icon 8/10
173 Purple production 5-6/10 (current goto backhand stable straight distance; minimal fade; some turn especially on power sidearms and >10mph L to R)
168 BLue SR icon 8/10 (gonna drop the stable Rampage for this one;now 5/10 deep hyzer flips 400'-425', huge s-turn 440' max D in a helping tailwind )
167 FR icon orange 5/10(hyzer flip to turnovers without fade; no run up distance; always been flippy)

Last edited: