• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Michael Johansen Walk Off

The Michael Johansen Walk Off

• Very cool, he's the man.

Votes: 98 53.6%
  • I'm ok with it.

Votes: 65 35.5%
  • Don't like it, he should watch his disc.

Votes: 20 10.9%

• Total voters
Seriously? I mean.... Seriously?

In all the years I've played I've never heard anyone complain that someone was on a tee pad too long. To me, it's my pad until I get off of it and that includes watching the full flight of my disc. Then it's the next guy's pad until he gets off of it. Are people getting rushed off of tee pads? I've never seen it.

MJ is the classiest, most laid-back chill cat on the course. He can do what he wants....I have complete confidence that whatever he does will be the right thing.

On a side note, MJ going head-to-head with a dude like Bradley for the win just proves that (sometimes) evil triumphs and the good guys don't win. Take notes, teenagers. Life lessons.

Worked for George Carlin. Besides, it's his head, why should you care?

Who said I cared? Commenting on a disc golf public forum about a disc golf noteworthy person. BTW, Carlin was funny, but didn't work for him either.

Who said I cared? Commenting on a disc golf public forum about a disc golf noteworthy person. BTW, Carlin was funny, but didn't work for him either.

Tend to value people based on their appearance? Class act, sir!

I tend to appreciate people for their skill, work ethic, personality, intelligence, knowledge, talent, humor, generosity, etc.... But hey, we're all different, right?

I don't watch my disc either, but it's because I can't see it through the tears.

Tend to value people based on their appearance? Class act, sir!

I tend to appreciate people for their skill, work ethic, personality, intelligence, knowledge, talent, humor, generosity, etc.... But hey, we're all different, right?

Dang, a couple of you are a little touchy huh? Not judging MJ AS A PERSON, or AS A DISC GOLFER, just don't think the tail is a good look. He probably wouldn't like my balding gray look either, doesn't mean he'd be "judging" me. MJ seems like a good dude, comes on here on his own thread and all that.

^ I agree

Some people need to take it easy. To remind you, theres also a thread about mj and a chipmunk. So...

If you can't laugh at a pony tail, you're missing out on life.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't know MJ, but I'd like to think we could judge him on his demeanor.

a) On tour I've never seen him lose it in any way.
b) On tour he seems amazingly laid back, and plays that way.
c) He actually takes the time to come here and comment and answer questions.
d) Watched him patiently play for years and was quite happy to see him win USDGC last year.
e) He seems amazingly polite in the video I've seen, and in his posts.

Don't really care if he watches his discs. Maybe he's a perfectionist and every throw seems less than perfect so he can't stand to watch?

I wish it was a rule on this forum that you can comment on others' appearances but only if you post a recent full body picture of yourself along with the comment.

Watched him patiently play for years and was quite happy to see him win USDGC last year.

As good as MJ is, he has ever won the USDGC. Paul McBeth won last year.

He did win the Hall of Fame Classic though, his first NT win. :thmbup:

d) Watched him patiently play for years and was quite happy to see him win USDGC last year.

Not quite- Hall of Fame Classic at IDGC.

He'll probably hunt TimSyl down and rip his lungs out for making light of the ponytail. That "nicest guy on tour" stuff is just a front.

I wish it was a rule on this forum that you can comment on others' appearances but only if you post a recent full body picture of yourself along with the comment.

Good idea. There's no need to comment on a person's appearance.

Wow, I don't know MJ, but I'd like to think we could judge him on his demeanor.

a) On tour I've never seen him lose it in any way.
b) On tour he seems amazingly laid back, and plays that way.
c) He actually takes the time to come here and comment and answer questions.
e) He seems amazingly polite in the video I've seen, and in his posts.

Don't really care if he watches his discs. Maybe he's a perfectionist and every throw seems less than perfect so he can't stand to watch?

Him, shwebby and Zach Melton would befun as hell to play a round with. All laid back, most fun wins guys.

Latest posts