• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Last time I bought 8-10 kc pro rocs, they sent mostly yellow and white, but a few of the white were ridiculously speckled with black, they looked horrible. I know it's a f2, but it was bad. haha

The last batch of JL PDs I ordered from them were the same way. Ridiculous amounts of debris. They fly great though which is all I really care about. :thmbup:

p.s. I had a dream last night my buddy found one of my rocs and gave it back to me while we were walkin around the mall. So weird. I don't even like the mall......in fact I hate it. Gotta love the roc.

Last night I dreamt I took several bites out of my favorite purple XT Aviar. I woke up a little queasy, but my undies were dry, so I guess it's all good. What does it mean?

On a less serious note, my appetite is whet for the retail release of XT Rocs.

Last night I dreamt I took several bites out of my favorite purple XT Aviar. I woke up a little queasy, but my undies were dry, so I guess it's all good. What does it mean?

On a less serious note, my appetite is whet for the retail release of XT Rocs.

Have you checked to make sure your Aviar is still intact?

Got to try my XT Roc today. Plastic feels delicious and it flies like my KC Pro Roc. I'm somewhat concerned that it won't like tree hits. My XT Aviar, while durable, is prone to significant, although fixable taco-ing (and bite marks).

My XT Roc has taken a beating and still hasn't gotten any chunks/nicks. There is a small bit of very slight warping(barely qualifies as warpage), but no worse than any other seasoned disc in my bag. Every time I hit something with it at full speed I always expect it to be trashed, but when I pick it up and inspect it...nothing. Rock(heh) solid plastic IMO.

XT plastic is crazy durable. I've got hundreds of throws and putts with my Aviar with nary a cut, chunk, or ding.

what's better than a fresh dye canvas?

one that perfectly matches your other discs, of course. picked up this star rancho and wiped the stamp. gonna toss it in the bag to protect my fresh yellow kc pro for the winter. i have 6 of them now and this star rancho is practically a 1:1 copy. nice...

IMAG0185_zpsccjdbm5j.jpg

IMAG0186_zpscbzp4vym.jpg

IMAG0190_zpshg97qggn.jpg

i imagine it will fly reliably overstable. can't wait to dye it.

Or wasp ;)

I have seen a few locals that throw a Roc3 for their straight flat roc & Wasps for their OS flat rocs. Both seem to work well and they'll last forever.

I have done exactly this with good success. Only problem is there can be some overlap if you get a beefier Roc3, or a domey/ less stable Wasp.

Nothing is better than a beat in roc. Just scored two kc rocs beat to perfection.

Last edited:
i piped hole 4 at brp today twice with my kc roc that's been seasoning in since this spring/summer. i don't think they make a disc this straight that you can just really lay into, and it kind of further solidified my choice to throw rocs and comets in tandem. it was a remarkable flight to watch, slight left/right drift and then it just started to fade forward and landed dead center at about 330'. about 4 feet total lateral movement the entire time, if that.

I'm not sure when I stopped throwing Rocs. 2012 or '13 probably. They have had a few cameo appearances in my bag since then but Comets have been my main mid and I've always had a Comet/Roc overlap problem where I can't decide what to throw so I don't carry them together.

I put Rocs back in the bag this weekend for no good reason. Cycling Rocs is funny since they don't really beat in with any sort of sync; for me they are overstable of a while, then seasoned straight for a long time, then when they start to turn they are useful forever. I can only remember one Roc that I beat so badly that it turned and burned and that was an ORoc that was in my bag for eight years. So I have a small stack of Rocs that are still overstable, a big stack of about a dozen seasoned Rocs and a huge stack of beat up Rocs. Once they are all out of your bag and you are trying to decide which ones to put back in it can be a chore. I went with a 12X KC that looked like it had barely been thrown, a DX ZamRoc that was in the seasoned pile and a 16 year-old DX Rancho that was in the beat pile.

It's just a great disc. There was only one spot where I needed the disc to fade fairly hard and the 12X just when too far and missed the opening. Otherwise they just did what I needed them to do. I had one pretty bitchy thread the needle lie where I needed about 260' straight down a narrow fairway. I had no expectation of success becasue I would have had too much up and side to side with the Comet to get there before I hit something. I put the Roc right up there about 15' short; it rolled just a bit right early then hooked up right down the opening. Later I hyzerflipped the beat Roc; when it flipped a guy in my group said "it's gone" but it faded back at the end right where I needed it to be (other than being behind a tree...why do we have those stupid things on our courses?)

They are so much fun to throw, so easy to throw...I just need to leave them in the bag. Honestly, the hardest part of throwing Rocs this weekend was choosing the Rocs to put in my bag.

I picked up a couple XT Rocs over the holidays. If you had asked me what the best purchase I had made over the last year had been it would have been a gstar Teebird for $5, I love that disc. The XT Rocs are amazing however. If I had the cash I'd go ahead and buy 10 more and be done forever. The flight is just how you want it when new and the wear is slow. Slowly this is going to take over for all but the flippy dx Roc in my bag. Even the Roc3 will likely be put on backup status.

When mold minimization is talked about, often it is in the context that doesn't include plastics. The XT plastic is good enough that I could see using it in all weather, from 20 below to hard rain. I have no idea if can be put into the other molds I use but I would try it for sure.

starting to see domey, not-as-firm, waxyish yellow rocs. :( they're all 180 though. the 175-177 that i've been hoarding still seem to be fine. *crosses fingers*

Wish I knew for ya.

And affirmative, yellow rocs no longer a safe bet, at least not here at gggt. :( picked up some nice and flattish 171-173 though. Higher plh, not bad. I guess I'm throwing mids between 170-175 this summer. *shrug*

Wish I knew for ya.

And affirmative, yellow rocs no longer a safe bet, at least not here at gggt. :( picked up some nice and flattish 171-173 though. Higher plh, not bad. I guess I'm throwing mids between 170-175 this summer. *shrug*

well maybe somebody bought them all....