• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The New Bag with Built in bladder

I use a Camelbak mule, it holds 8 discs. There is also a Walmart version of the mule for 25. Not trying to bash, but there are other cheaper options. If they made one that held 15-20 disc that would be a different story.

For $25 I bought a Hyzer Bomb sling bag and modified it to hold a bladder for no additional cost. I can hold 5-6 easily. They look nice and I'm sure work great but at that price I couldn't justify it.

The small one says "for the casual golfer". The medium one says "for the average golfer". Methinks they might make one "for the serious golfer"?

I am having trouble reconciling those prices with my idea of a "casual" or "average" golfer who wants to carry 4-8 discs...

I'd like to see some customizable design configurations for the pockets...

Like have a 4x5x4 or 5x5x5 design. Hopefully something like this is in the works for around the same price. Pockets can't cost that much to add...For now, I'm fine with my Double Nutsac.

Looks like a good product that will fill a niche need in DG. Would make a good travel pack when playing solo. Would make a good mountain course bag. Would work well for the speed golfers out there.

The "Focus" looks like it is small and secure enough to keep on the whole time, even while throwing. That is kinda cool, I don't think any bag can claim that. That would make it good for winter rounds as well.

Do we know where these are being manufactured?

I like it. If I get some extra dough it might compete with the double Nutsac.

I dont get these bags. I saw someone playing with this style who threw basically two discs, but the ingress/egress (not sure what you would call it) of putting the bag on and off again was ridiculous. Maybe it was just his bag, but the way I'm imagining it seems pointless to have something so securely attached to your back that comes off as many times as you throw a disc in a round. I'd imagine this would be doubly noticeable to someone who runs the course. Then again, it would be cool to be able to run without holding your bag to your ass looking like you gotta take a poop.

Upper Park Designs facebook page

One of the comments on a photo asks about a larger bag, and they said they had not forgotten about the player who wants to carry 15+.

If they can put out a decent designed backpack bag that carries 15+ discs at ~$150 they could get some serious business.

I would say, with the waist/ab strap buckles, it was meant to stay on...except the bigun has 'em too...but, even the Phenix lockdown strap is too much for me, so maybe that's just my preference..
I want a bag that would instantly snap to a harness, and come off just as quickly, without having to shrug out of each arm strap.
Or instant arm straps...like those slap bracelets!

I asked them to do a demo before our weekly @ Lava Creek DGC. They agreed and I will let you know what the bag is like up close.

I can't imagine buying a bag of that price without 2 32oz drink holders... I know the small one has a bladdersystem, but does the big one? I didn't read that it did. :/ Also the bladdersystem doesn't even come with the bag, just to option to put it on it... At 80$ you think it'd come with.

I like the bag, but here is my thought: Does a "casual" disc golfer really need a camelbak? Perhaps the marketing needs to be tweaked.

Just looked at the link... To me, this looks like the worst bag ever. Just some camping company trying to make money off us. (nothing against camping, companies, or expanding disc golf) But...

I'm not going to wear my bag while i throw. I need more than a pint of water, and i don't want to suck it out of my hot wearable bag. 4 discs? where will i put my other 17 putters?

Maybe, if they make it in pink

Some harsh comments already. This bag is clearly not for everyone, but I think they look extremely well built and are aim at people that usually buy expansive outdoor stuff. I'd very well imagine a casual player with this bag and his Arc'teryx jacket so to speak.
For what seems to be an extremely well built bag, the price is really not high. You may not find those bags good value in terms of capacity, but saying they are overpriced is ignorance to me.

I would like to see more detail of the features of the bag. It looks it would be a good bag to use if you wanted to ride a bike to the course. Any other info on these bags?

Well, no. But if you're a runner, or like the camelbak approach, etc. you might be willing. For the relatively minimal difference between the smaller bag and bigger bag, I'm thinking the bigger bag is going to get more love.

I think the annoying thing is still that seem to have to take it off every time. If they had a system that stayed on your back, that'd be one thing. Taking it off every time you need to get a disc out is goofy.

The price seems pretty good if you wanted a built-in bladder.

Latest posts