• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Newest Crush Boy is an ANIMAL.

Since the thread has obviously derailed into wrestling might as well have the Rock throw a Roc.

attachment.php

Attachments

• The Rock throwing a Roc copy.jpg
    The Rock throwing a Roc copy.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 216
This is the type of thread that sorta makes me hate my life. I'm 20, and this kid outthrows me, even though I'm built similarly to Eagle. I suspect that later this week, or early next week I'm gonna post a form vid, and stick to the advive I'm given. Once it gets warmer (Friday is supposed to be 50+) I'm putting for at least 30 mins a day, and my Comets and Ontario Rocs are gonna get a bunch more air time in the field. My goal is 500' by September, and pretty much automatic from 30'. Sorry for the derail, but this thread has had quite the impact on me. Really wish I had followed the form advice I was given a couple years ago religiously.

If this kid ever goes through a growth spurt, the tour will be in trouble.

Even though he is a boy who crushes, can he technically be a Crush Boy if he is sponsored by Dynamic Discs rather than Dicsmania? In all seriousness, DD has done a great job of sponsoring young up and comers: Zack Arlinghaus, Isaiah Esquivel, and Cynthia Ricciotti all appear to have bright futures in disc golf.

So does a guy who has just gotten with Full Turn Discs and can use the Prodiscus discs as well, Gabe who is seen on his dads YouTube Rec Rob Chanel. He can throw a Jokri standstill about 175-200 feet. If he ends up on tour things will happen as he is only 12 or 13 right now. He has used before Full Turn Sponsor is Dynamic Discs and Latitude 64, but now is with Prodiscus and needs a bag that is not the Ricky model that he still uses with all Full Turn and Prodiscus discs in the bag.

This is the type of thread that sorta makes me hate my life. I'm 20, and this kid outthrows me, even though I'm built similarly to Eagle. I suspect that later this week, or early next week I'm gonna post a form vid, and stick to the advive I'm given. Once it gets warmer (Friday is supposed to be 50+) I'm putting for at least 30 mins a day, and my Comets and Ontario Rocs are gonna get a bunch more air time in the field. My goal is 500' by September, and pretty much automatic from 30'. Sorry for the derail, but this thread has had quite the impact on me. Really wish I had followed the form advice I was given a couple years ago religiously.

Well your problem is obvious, and it has naught to do with your form or putting.

You're throwing both Comets and Rocs, you are conflicted, get rid of the lesser disc.

dump the rocs

Want more women in disc golf? You need a DG company run and owned by women. Need to sell discs out of places like Frontgate, Kohls and Target. Need matching accessories, discs with lace on them, disc lipstick and discs made out of chocolate, scented discs.

Need discs that can also be used as dinnerware. (No platebee references allowed.)

Need discs made out of that material that Mood Rings were made out of.

Offer baskets in 50 shades of yellow.

Wrestling is not a translatable type of athleticism to disc golf. You don't throw any objects in wrestling. Any college pitcher is probably more athletic in disc golf utility than a world class wrestler. This is why Ben Askren does not set a high bar for athleticism.

If being really strong and in good shape was so advantageous to disc golf then Avery Jenkins would probably be a lot bigger name. Basically disc golf has never seen someone like an Aroldis Chapman. That type would be a game-changing athlete in disc golf.

Any athleticism is transferable, it's the individual that applies them and their aptitude that makes the difference. Askren is a beast, but clearly you don't need that in order to be a good player.

I think we can all agree that raw athleticism isn't hurting anyone on the disc golf course though.

Wrestling is not a translatable type of athleticism to disc golf. You don't throw any objects in wrestling. Any college pitcher is probably more athletic in disc golf utility than a world class wrestler. This is why Ben Askren does not set a high bar for athleticism.

If being really strong and in good shape was so advantageous to disc golf then Avery Jenkins would probably be a lot bigger name. Basically disc golf has never seen someone like an Aroldis Chapman. That type would be a game-changing athlete in disc golf.
You're not referring to translating athleticism - you're talking about translating discrete skills. Those are two very different things. You're right that his particular skills from wrestling would not translate as cleanly to disc golf, though I'd argue that anything leveraging leg strength to generate power through the upper body would translate well. Beyond that - the general hand-eye coordination and practice habits developed through elite athletic competition would also translate VERY well between elite level wrestling and disc golf. Outside of that - we're referring to his clearly top-level athleticism which translates just as well as anyone.

As for Avery - we're talking about a World Champ with a number of Major victories. So his fitness has translated well. But what elite athletic background does he have outside of disc? You're comparing someone who is a big big man and extraordinarily fit to someone with elite athlete explosion. Avery clearly has high level explosion, as evidenced by his US distance championships and elite on-course distance... but there's no evidence that he's an elite athlete in terms of explosive power like a guy like Ben Askren. I don't recall his having any significant high school or collegiate level athletic career outside of this sport (which I don't think he took seriously until he got to his 20s or very late teens). He's a supremely fit and incredibly strong individual, but there's a difference between that and elite explosion.

If being really strong and in good shape was so advantageous to disc golf then Avery Jenkins would probably be a lot bigger name.
Basically disc golf has never seen someone like an Aroldis Chapman. That type would be a game-changing athlete in disc golf.

Steve Wisecup is who you should compare. The guy was a physical trainer and looked like one. The most athletic disc golfer ever. Pure muscle.

steve-wisecup-gsc-07-drive-2.jpg

Steve Wisecup is who you should compare. The guy was a physical trainer and looked like one. The most athletic disc golfer ever. Pure muscle.

steve-wisecup-gsc-07-drive-2.jpg

this is the guy who taught me to play and still the best overall player i ever saw in person. too bad Kenny stole his thunder or everyone would know who this is.

this is the guy who taught me to play and still the best overall player i ever saw in person. too bad Kenny stole his thunder or everyone would know who this is.

I've always said if they were to make a robot for the soul purpose of playing disc golf Wisecup would be their prototype. His style was both smooth and powerful, like a machine.

Christian Sandstrom was an animal, used to compete in Mr Fitness competitions, and dominated distance competitions for a decade.

Christian Sandstrom was an animal, used to compete in Mr Fitness competitions, and dominated distance competitions for a decade.
Anyone got a pic of his tattoo of himself? I was trying to Google it last week and could not hunt it down.

Well your problem is obvious, and it has naught to do with your form or putting.

You're throwing both Comets and Rocs, you are conflicted, get rid of the lesser disc.

dump the rocs

Rocs were my first do it all mid, but I'm slowly replacing them with Wasps and Comets, but it's so hard tp find beat up Wasps or non Z Wasps for a good price. I'm not getting rid of them, mostly so I have backups, or in my current case for winter DX Rocs so I don't lose my Comets.

Latest posts