• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently changed my putting style from a hard, flat spin putt to a putt similar to yours (obviously not as good as yours :D). I am loving it in normal conditions but when the wind picks up i'm having a hard time adjusting so far. What advice do you have for putting in the wind? Particularly headwind. Thanks so much and best of luck this year!

I recently changed my putting style from a hard, flat spin putt to a putt similar to yours (obviously not as good as yours :D). I am loving it in normal conditions but when the wind picks up i'm having a hard time adjusting so far. What advice do you have for putting in the wind? Particularly headwind. Thanks so much and best of luck this year!

I know from my personal experience, I switch to a harder, flatter spin putt in headwinds. I believe a few pages back he talked about his putting and how he does the same. He does his normal putt the majority of the time unless the line he needs to take or the wind makes that not the best move.

Just got back from Florida last night. Got a break from playing in the cold of mn and played the two courses at Turkey Lake. Have you played them? If so, how did you like them and how do they compare to other courses in Florida?

I know from my personal experience, I switch to a harder, flatter spin putt in headwinds. I believe a few pages back he talked about his putting and how he does the same. He does his normal putt the majority of the time unless the line he needs to take or the wind makes that not the best move.
Right on. So basically switch to my old putt for stiff headwinds and i should be solid. I'll have to modify it a bit though because the whole reason i switched it up is if i missed hitting metal i would blow by and have an even bigger comeback putt. I guess trial and error on the practice green will be the best option.

in a head win you cant really change your form or put just aim lower near the cage.

Just got back from Florida last night. Got a break from playing in the cold of mn and played the two courses at Turkey Lake. Have you played them? If so, how did you like them and how do they compare to other courses in Florida?

no i have no clue where those are. i havent played many FL courses

awesome, what color?

I've got yellow, magenta, and orange delivering today and black delivering Monday. The only Aviars I've had any love for have been the Classics, and they haven't been firm enough for me since the last run of big beads (which I wasn't a big fan of compared to the PnAs). I'm pretty pumped to say the least.

I've got yellow, magenta, and orange delivering today and black delivering Monday. The only Aviars I've had any love for have been the Classics, and they haven't been firm enough for me since the last run of big beads (which I wasn't a big fan of compared to the PnAs). I'm pretty pumped to say the least.

sweet! you will enjoy these

Hey Paul,
It's not DG related and maybe it's been asked already, but who will you be cheering for this weekend, 49ers, or the Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts