• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know how to throw that shot. It would help at my local course to be able to throw an anhyzer over stuff :). That's why he is a world champ and i'm just a tree splatting hukker though I guess. I couldn't turn a mamba over like that let alone a destroyer.

Paul, you mentioned you keep Teebirds, PDs, and Destroyers in the bag. I was wondering what shots do you use the PD for that can't be covered with either the Teebird or the Destroyer? I throw Destroyers and Eagles for most of my longer drives. I've been curious about PDs myself but I feel that Destroyers pick up exactly where Eagles left off so I'm not sure if I would ever throw it.

Picture a faster eagle with a bit more glide.... Thats a PD

When you throw distance drives, is your grip very tight at the point of release or is it more of a relaxed release? also..which finger is the last to come off the disc?

I'm wondering because it seems to make little to no snapping sound when you and some other pros release the disc. However, some long arms have an audible snap when they release. I feel I get better distance when I allow the disc to fly out of my hand as smooth as possible...rather than squeezing hard at the rip point...seems to just create more drag for me. Just curious how you do it.

Any tips on how to get the disc to come off so cleanly?

Thanks for fielding all our questions, Paul!

Snap from your fingers can cause drag, my last release finger is my middle one.
I think just practice can solve your release problem. Repition mostly.

I just want to know how to throw that shot. It would help at my local course to be able to throw an anhyzer over stuff :). That's why he is a world champ and i'm just a tree splatting hukker though I guess. I couldn't turn a mamba over like that let alone a destroyer.

Mostly leg strength helps me with those shots.

Picture a faster eagle with a bit more glide.... Thats a PD

So do you only reserve the Destroyer for max distance and sidearm shots? I mean if you can get Eagles/Teebirds out to past 400, I would imagine then you can get PDs to 450+. That pretty much pushes the Destroyers out for majority of the shots unless it's a big boomer. How do you decide whether to throw the PD or the Destroyer?

So do you only reserve the Destroyer for max distance and sidearm shots? I mean if you can get Eagles/Teebirds out to past 400, I would imagine then you can get PDs to 450+. That pretty much pushes the Destroyers out for majority of the shots unless it's a big boomer. How do you decide whether to throw the PD or the Destroyer?

Its all situational (height, distance, hyzer, anhyzer, skip shot) those plus more help make the decision.

Ever play Toronto Island?

If not, it is a great course ( one of Climo's favorites) in a great city with a kickass a tier in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts