• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of things do you do during the off season, and even during the year, to keep in top form? And at what point did you realize that you wanted to make disc golf your career?

Its really all about taking practice serious.... Its easy to goof off and learn a bad habit.

When I saw it as an outlet to travel the country and get paid to do it. Not many people get an opportunity to do something like that. I figured I take the chance while I was young and able enough to do it and see if I can contribute to helping this sport grow.

I have a quick question Paul in regards to your flick shoot or forehand if you will, you may have already addressed this but 51 pages is alot and I am lazy trying to stay awake at work.

Do you tend to change your grip on your flick shots depending on distance and room for error? I tend to be accurate in the room for error shot with a 3 finger grip sort of fanned out, and have more power with a 2 finger grip "squished' together. Just curious of your thoughts and technique..

Thanks

TK

No I don't switch my grip I feel like that could take away from your consistency by constantly switching. I shorten the the my pull back for more accuracy... Almost like shortening your swing in baseball to make sure to make contact over going for the home run.

Thanks for coming here and answering questions Paul.

That is really cool of you. I have enjoyed watching your game for a while now and am happy to see you have a really great year last year.
Good luck (not that you need it) going forward.

Brady won't get the chance but if he does 2 which won't be able to compete against denvers 30+ points. Denver vs Seattle in the super bowl is my pick

There is no way the NFL won't let Brady/Manning happen in the AFC championship. It will be the highest rated game ever. Broncos may put 30 up on the Pats but we would still win.

I think anybody who plays disc golf seriously experiences "burn out" from time to time. Do you play through it or keep the bag in the trunk for a couple days and regroup?

Thanks for coming here and answering questions Paul.

That is really cool of you. I have enjoyed watching your game for a while now and am happy to see you have a really great year last year.
Good luck (not that you need it) going forward.

Thank you. :thmbup:

There is no way the NFL won't let Brady/Manning happen in the AFC championship. It will be the highest rated game ever. Broncos may put 30 up on the Pats but we would still win.

I think anybody who plays disc golf seriously experiences "burn out" from time to time. Do you play through it or keep the bag in the trunk for a couple days and regroup?

People more want to see brady lose.

Yes everybody does, just need to take a day off and play something else.

#1 yes I think something like 8 molds as club style and 21 discs like golf balls in case you lose them.

#2 yes trophy only events are how all AM tournaments should be. The goal of AMs should be to go pro not stay a am for life just for plastic....

Interesting answer to #1, limiting mold amounts...

One more for you; should there be a cap on ADV to force them to play pro? There are two ADV players now rated above 1,000. I'm asking Chuck the same answer, curious as to what you'd say.

I ended up moving to FL... I do gave the 303 tourney on the schedule at the current moment. I wouldnt mind that at all. I still want to move to the denver area later in life
^Nice, well I'll be looking forward to seeing you playing the 303 open, I think you'll like the 876FT downhill hole at our new course Colorado Heights University :)

Paul,
Are you playing the Canyon tourney that is coming up in Brooksville?

***Nevermind...forgot I can just check the PDGA site*** :doh:

That is one of the greatest courses ever created...hard to believe they are raising it from the dead for the tourney!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts