• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official First Dyes Thread

first dyes

So I've been dying for about a week now and it's almost as addictive as DG.
Anyway, my first efforts, in order first to last.
Stencils hand cut (of course). marbling done with shaving cream technique.
Thanks all for the techniques, ideas and inspiration.:thmbup:

Attachments

• DCP_2143.JPG
    DCP_2143.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DCP_2141.JPG
    DCP_2141.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 142
  • DCP_2138.JPG
    DCP_2138.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 109
Part 2 of my first dyes

'cause I can only attach 3 pics per post
The last one I just did tonight. It was brutal by hand.

Attachments

• DCP_2131.JPG
    DCP_2131.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DCP_2132.JPG
    DCP_2132.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 84
  • DCP_2130.JPG
    DCP_2130.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 119
i remember the first time i dyed a disc...i got so giddy.

here's my first dye ever. done with oracal's small free sample of 651.

IMG00017-20100702-2147.jpg

FIRST DYE EVER: Champion Roadrunner

6b9cb0b9.jpg

e2b33a16.jpg

Navy Blue and Sunshine Orange Rit SC Marbling with Scarlet Freddie Mercury!

That last one is pretty impressive for a hand cut dye. Far more adventurous than I have been.

That's what I started thinking half way thru. Probably should have found a plotter to do it. I couldn't hold the lines when they got really close.

I've been dyeing for a few months now, but when I did my first dye I learned that if you don't heat the dye enough, black looks brown on yellow plastic.

picture-12.jpg

I also learned that cutting from the inside of the design outward is much easier that the reverse, especially if you're cutting after the contact paper is on the disc.

chomponthis142
[/URL][/IMG]
My first and only dye the punisher logo on a star wraith. Nothing special I was proud of myself in that it resembled the logo I am sure I made plenty of mistakes but I enjoyed the process.

This was my first, did it for the Octhrowberfest. Done on glow valkyrie with lamination vinyl from wallymart.
Frankie.jpg

[/ATTACH] my first two ever!! i'm pretty proud of my results!! had some issues with the stamp on the eagle but the monster cleaned up very nice!! what do you guys think?

Attachments

• disc dye 1.jpg
    disc dye 1.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 42
My first Dye

Hey guys,

This is my first attempt. It came out of the dye about 15 minutes ago.
Really pleased with the way it turned out.

Chris540

Attachments

• SkyrimDye.jpg
    SkyrimDye.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 53
Can you dye DX? I wanna start dyeing, but I wanna start on my crap discs that aren't in my bag to start off.

If not, I'll start on my dad's Groove. Close enough to a crap disc.

Can you dye DX? I wanna start dyeing, but I wanna start on my crap discs that aren't in my bag to start off.

If not, I'll start on my dad's Groove. Close enough to a crap disc.

It's good for a solid color dip, but I wouldn't waste time or materials on trying to get any sort of stencil or marbling, etc. Probably depends a bit on the type of dx, too. I did several that were from 1-4 years old and they did great. Some of the current dx seems a bit rubbery and might not take color as deeply or consistently. Basically not worth it unless you just want a refresh or color change.

Latest posts