• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The purple MJ Sig bag! getting ready for tye dye zipper pulls!

Attachments

• 45659_443691045711212_2126640636_n.jpg
    45659_443691045711212_2126640636_n.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 94
Review soon

picture.php

Front close up

I thought the digi camo was brown, then in a pic it looked grey so I went with it. Mine is very green. I like it, but not what I expected. All of the dark is green.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 79
side

Side picture. One disc large pocket, open medium pocket for a chair or umbrella I believe. small zipper pocket.

Attachments

• side.JPG
    side.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 82
Quick Review

I have a feeling the material and the frame/skeleton of this bag needs to be used a couple times to get a true feel for the bag itself. however I know a lot of people want a customer review for this bag so I will do my best now. *All opinions are subject to change.

Overall(80/100) Has to be the most storage available for a bag currently. Mostly* great material and the best price point you can ask for. I have some concerns I did not think I would have though. These concerns may be negligible if you saw a bag in person, but making the purchase without it leads to some disappointing features. Overall I am happy, please read through both pros/cons to understand my ramblings...

Cons:
-Mini pocket in my opinion is not functional. It is not a true half circle and neither a driver mini or stash mini fit.
-"CWP rear accessible zipper" If this is a statement about a zipper on the back of the bag there is not one.
-Digi Camo. After I had put in my order Kilgus posted that the material was not the same as the other bags. To me this is an issue as all along we were told all materials were the best available. To you it may not be an issue.
-Digi Camo color. I like the color of my bag. In no picture though has the color been correctly explained which may or may not lead to :wall:
-Digi Camo Material. This material in contrast to the 1680 feels cheap. That may be harsh, but that's what it feels like to me. It also leads to some issues that may only be present in the Digi camo version.
-The Main compartment flap feels like it will fall open under the weight of discs over time. This may be addressed with the heavier material used in other versions.
-No true internal frame to hold discs. or divider. I don't believe this was ever promised to consumers, however if you are a person looking to carry under 20 discs in the main compartment your discs will roll out if the bag tips or is held at certain angles.
-Pencil pockets. Why do all companies put the pencils at the very bottom of the bag?

Pros:
-customer service, delivery date
-$$$$$
-1680 is amazing and the bag feels like a tank.
-Very very light.
-Lateral side pockets for your go to discs.
-top putter pockets for easy access.
-Top storage is huge, large sweaters will fit. Or multiple lightweight quality layers for rapid temp changes.
-Weight distribution. I don't see this bag tipping over.
-Side walls, bottom, and all skeleton pieces feel incredibly strong.
-Key ring in top compartment, side loops, cell phone pocket all great.
-Zipper pulls look great and are better quality than i assumed
-carrying handle quality
-zipper quality
-across chest buckle quality
-looks way better than i could have imagined overall

-The Main compartment flap feels like it will fall open under the weight of discs over time. This may be addressed with the heavier material used in other versions.

What I am trying to say here is that you need to tuck the main flap into the space in front of the bag. NOT under the discs. Even doing this with my camo version makes me somewhat nervous without a lot of testing on my part. However this may only be from the material used for digi camo.

On the digi camo version if the discs are ON TOP of the flap they will essentially roll right out at certain angles.

Good review!! I agree, the Digi camo material is much lighter than all the other bags, it was a mix of price and what is available in the consumer marketplace.

The mini pocket was cut down too low from the proto to the 1st production run which is not what we wanted but there are plenty of other pockets for your mini if it is an issue

FYI an internal frame is sewn into the bag which is what makes it stiff and feel tank like, when most people think of frame they want to "see" it. That is not the case, hence "internal" aka sewn directly into the bag.

As for the Digi camo color this is the standard sand brown, green would be the entire bag green and not the sandy color as in this bag.

I have not carried the camo bag however I have carried the proto for 2 months and not had an issue with a disc ever falling out or coming close to that, we allow a 5 inch tall flap from the bottom to the main opening to support the discs, however with the material being waterproof if is much lighter which makes it feel soft to the touch and not as rigid.

I look forward to reviews from the other colors

I will re post after further testing. I want to give the best review possible for someone who truly answers all questions about his product

Last edited:
Mini-agree I tucked two into a side pocket no issue and moved on.

color-I think its just hard to describe, again I like it.

Main flap- I keep playing with it and need to test it in several ways I have a feeling my opinion will change over time to drastically positive or negative.

I have a new red bag tipped all the way off the edge of the table and not once disc try's to fall out.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 92
I have a new red bag tipped all the way off the edge of the table and not once disc try's to fall out.....

And here is the camo on even more of an extreme face down angle without a disc falling out....so unless you are doing back flips down the side of a mountain then a disc will not fall out, btw the flap is tucked in :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 81
No offense, but except for the drink holders and the color, this basically looks like my Cabela's bag.

:popcorn:

yep, but a heck of a lot more functional and durable, with bottle holders, an actual carrying handle and putter pocket along with side disc pockets, trust me it looks like a Cabela bag, but the 2 bags are very different.

I love how a people say a bag looks alike another bag, a backpack is a backpack no matter how you slice it lol :) just remember a disc is the same size and the options to place that disc in a space are limited, it's the function that you are looking for and a product that does not need to be altered off the shelf which is what a disc golf specific bag does compared to any DYI bag. A grip looks like a Jansport and our bag looks like cabelas lol go figure ;)

The tipping pictures really confused me at first they need to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise. I didn't realize the tile was the floor, I thought it was a wall and that you were tipping the bags backwards lol. I thought how would the discs ever fall out that way? I would save rotate and repost but I'm on an iPad and I can't attach pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.