• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We ran a 12 hour special for our Facebook fans a couple of weeks ago for anyone who wanted a bag. Pays to be friends with us on Facebook!!

I am friends with you guys on facebook...

Oh well.

Still need to decide if I'm going to go with sexy or durable.

Get ready PF fans, expect to see final production pictures in the next week! Bags ship to Chris today and should hopefully be there no later than Monday of next week! Idk about yall but i am stoked!

Contender

It seems like you would want the water bottle holders next to your back so all the weight was closer to your back for a better ride since two water bottles will be way heavier the the discs in the pockets at least that's how you pack a bag for hiking

My 2 cents plus it looks goofy

Weight is neglible in the grand scheme of things. Water bottles in the front act as anti tipping agents so you can put your bag on most steep grades and not have to worry.

It seems like you would want the water bottle holders next to your back so all the weight was closer to your back for a better ride since two water bottles will be way heavier the the discs in the pockets at least that's how you pack a bag for hiking

My 2 cents plus it looks goofy

Only a small percentage of dgers carry 2 big nalgenes. Plus, the neat thing about water bottles...they get lighter as you drink them :D

Contender

For counterbalance it makes seance but I like the look of the challenger alot more than the contender it looks pretty goofy

Just my opinion

For counterbalance it makes seance but I like the look of the challenger alot more than the contender it looks pretty goofy

Just my opinion

Kilgus said it looks more boxy in pics, i thought the same thing but even though it won't be as sleek as a grip, i still know i have i e of the best bags on the market and you can't forget about the price

The depth from front to back is the same as the Challeger. Only thing that changed was width and height by a few inches. So shape is similar just a bit shorter and the edges are rounded.

PF

I think the huge contrast of the red and black also is throwing off the look in the pics we have seen so far. I think the less bright colors like navy, grey, and camo will have a much less boxy look. Its hard to even compare it to a grip when a grip has only ever been done in the slimming all black scheme.

I think the huge contrast of the red and black also is throwing off the look in the pics we have seen so far. I think the less bright colors like navy, grey, and camo will have a much less boxy look. Its hard to even compare it to a grip when a grip has only ever been done in the slimming all black scheme.

Grips have been made in more than just black. The Nate Doss Edition is red and black.

Depth is the same on many bags...A disc is only but so wide, therefore we make sure we go a little wider roughly 9 inches give or take a half inch to make the disc fit snugly

You obviously haven't spent much time in Texas

Some of us have dogs that struggle in the heat (Bully breeds) and have to carry three plus Nalgenes on a two round day too.

Doesn't invalidate the statement. If you think people that live in hot, dry places and people who bring their dogs to the course make up the majority of DGers, I'd say you don't really see the big picture.

I didn't say nobody carries a lot of water. Just that it's a minority. For hot tournament days I keep a cooler in my car. Maybe 1 in 50 players I've played with have 64 oz. on them at all times.

But that's the beauty of marketshare. There are other bags out there for people who want different things out of a bag.

Doesn't invalidate the statement. If you think people that live in hot, dry places and people who bring their dogs to the course make up the majority of DGers, I'd say you don't really see the big picture.

I didn't say nobody carries a lot of water. Just that it's a minority. For hot tournament days I keep a cooler in my car. Maybe 1 in 50 players I've played with have 64 oz. on them at all times.

But that's the beauty of marketshare. There are other bags out there for people who want different things out of a bag.

The pockets weren't put away from the body because very few people carry that much water though. If that were the case, I imagine there would only be one pocket. They were put there to help stabilize the bag on the ground (at least I remember reading that from kilgus when it was brought up earlier in the sale thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.