• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

How many disc manufacturers offer racks and hangers to display their discs? I have only ever seen these from Innova and DGA. No need to stir up a tempest in a teacup.

Does any retailer actually have these yet?

Yes, but only a few yet. See my post in the other prodigy thread. No, not that one, the other other prodigy thread. No, silly, the one about their web security. Also, I saw in an email that Marshall Street is predicting them within a week, which should help the web shoppers.

Pretty lame for a company to use handwritten labels for their own discs. There's no need for them to make proprietary racks or anything like that, but it's not that difficult to make a label and laminate it. Prodigy may know discs, but they are certainly struggling with their branding...

People are aware we play disc golf, right? Beer drinking, Colorado grass smoking, cleaning dog crap off our discs, peeing in the woods disc golf? I'll be the first to promote the sport for the mainstream. But right now, we're still just a sport predicated on having fun. When the push comes for professional success of the sport, I'll gladly be on the front lines. But ragging on trivialities seems a bit harsh. I think some are taking the hype too seriously. As far as I'm aware, Prodigy never claimed to be anything more than a new company with big ideas and enthusiasm to get in the game. A couple of the players may have made some overzealous Facebook posts. But do we really treat that as the gospel of Prodigy? We built them up to this level, and so now we'll tear them down? Doesn't seem like that makes sense to me.

Prodigy

Looks as if the website is up finally http://www.prodigydisc.com/. May be old news idk I just saw it. Cant tell if they are selling yet or not. Journey Post says they are sold out on their website. I purchased (preordered) from infinite discs but I dont know when I will get it. $19.99+2.50 shipping is a little steep. Hope that is not going to be the standard price. Anybody else purchase one?

I don't care if their website is up or not, or how good their discs might be. If they can't make a good label for displaying their discs in a store I'm done with them!!! :rolleyes: :\

People are aware we play disc golf, right? Beer drinking, Colorado grass smoking, cleaning dog crap off our discs, peeing in the woods disc golf?

I try and stay as far away from all that disc golf as possible.

The point of your entire post is well taken though.

website is really sharp looking. Their team does look pretty impressive when you see them all lined up like that.

it's full of intersting information too. i didn't know Koling was the 3x reigning Vibram Open pie eating champ. that's impressive to have on a resume'

Nearly all of the label signs in Lavone's shop are hand written. They always have been. It isn't just the new Prodigy discs, that is what the store looks like. BTW, FWIW this shop is in the back half of a SAS Shoe store, divided off by a curtain. I have been to pro shops and disc stores all over the country that had no labels at all on their discs. I hardly think this is a big deal.

I don't care if their website is up or not, or how good their discs might be. If they can't make a good label for displaying their discs in a store I'm done with them!!! :rolleyes: :\
FWIW my above post was all sarcasm. :)
Nearly all of the label signs in Lavone's shop are hand written. They always have been. It isn't just the new Prodigy discs, that is what the store looks like. BTW, FWIW this shop is in the back half of a SAS Shoe store, divided off by a curtain. I have been to pro shops and disc stores all over the country that had no labels at all on their discs. I hardly think this is a big deal.