• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The one course...

Flip City, Idlewild or Golden Gate Park, all good choices.
Local (three hour drive) dream courses that I have played are Renny and Winthrop Gold. It's great to travel and play great courses.
I'm still planning to get to Idlewild and Fip City one day.
In the meantime my next dream course to play is Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC. It's about 6 hours away. I'll get out there this fall, if all goes as planned.

Man I love two hours from Idlewild and have yet to play it. What the hell is wrong with me. Thats it next Saturday I am going.

Is that a cow in the background at Hawk Hollow?

Yeah its a cow. You are playing in 90 acres of cow pastures. The course is huge. I have several friends that have played it (the general consensus is "you haven't played DG in Virginia until you have played at Hawk Hollow) and I have PM'ed with the owner (he is on this sight) but I have yet to make it myself.

Yes cow dung is a hazard.

Don't doubt whether or not Idlewild will live up to its rank. If Jesus disc golfed, Idlewild would be his home course.

It's a great course that deserves its' rating, yes. It's an icon, yes.

If you want a fun but still challenging round of disc golf in the area, 24 holes at Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) is much better. That's why the smart people plan to play at least two courses in the area their first time visiting. I'm just saying.

It's a great course that deserves its' rating, yes. It's an icon, yes.

If you want a fun but still challenging round of disc golf in the area, 24 holes at Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) is much better. That's why the smart people plan to play at least two courses in the area their first time visiting. I'm just saying.

I definitely plan on playing Banklick while I'm down there as well. I have a friend that grew up in Cinci and learned to play on this course. We are hoping to get a third course in as well, but we'll see.

I definitely plan on playing Banklick while I'm down there as well. I have a friend that grew up in Cinci and learned to play on this course. We are hoping to get a third course in as well, but we'll see.

You won't be sorry. Banklick is incredible. Obviously, Mt. Airy is the third course in the big 3 if you get a chance. If you're heading back north, there are a couple gems that don't get as much appreciation available to you too. The Monroe/Turtlecreek (on 75, though) duo could make for a good time as well. Gulley is up 71 (so is Mason Sports Park - challenging 9 holer that is definitely underappreciated, as well)) but wouldn't get my vote over the other 5. It's a decent course with a lot of blind holes, but it's just not as memorable as the others.

You won't be sorry. Banklick is incredible. Obviously, Mt. Airy is the third course in the big 3 if you get a chance. If you're heading back north, there are a couple gems that don't get as much appreciation available to you too. The Monroe/Turtlecreek (on 75, though) duo could make for a good time as well. Gulley is up 71 (so is Mason Sports Park - challenging 9 holer that is definitely underappreciated, as well)) but wouldn't get my vote over the other 5. It's a decent course with a lot of blind holes, but it's just not as memorable as the others.

Hey thanks for the heads up man, I appreciate it. We will probably hit up Mt. Airy as well if we have the time.

Hey thanks for the heads up man, I appreciate it. We will probably hit up Mt. Airy as well if we have the time.

You won't be sorry. It's recently had a lot of work done to it and is in better shape than it's been in a long time. There's also a new pro shop open by 1 & 18 (holes were recently renumbered). If you need a guide, let me know. I'm five minutes from the course.

Hopefully gonna get out to lemon lake in indiana. Gonna stay the whole day and try to play all four courses. Flip City is definatly on my list also and gonna try to make it out there in the fall.:)

I really want to play Milo McIver in Oregon and luckily enough, I'm camping there on my birthday so i'll get to play it at least twice. What a great birthday present.

Flip is at the top of my list. I should be able to play it and the ludington courses later this summer, I can't wait.

I have to go with Beaver Ranch. Its a little over 2 hours away from me and everyone that I play with has played there and goes on and on about it.

I don't doubt their enthusiasm nor do I doubt the rating on this site. I'm spoiled with all the mountain golf I get to play where I live but I'm sure Beaver Ranch is a step or two above and I won't be disappointed.

Flip City, Idlewild or Golden Gate Park, all good choices.
Local (three hour drive) dream courses that I have played are Renny and Winthrop Gold. It's great to travel and play great courses.
I'm still planning to get to Idlewild and Fip City one day.
In the meantime my next dream course to play is Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC. It's about 6 hours away. I'll get out there this fall, if all goes as planned.

I failed to mention Maple Hill and the Pyramids.
If I could just get my wife to go that way on our vacation.

I'm kind of scared to go play flip. I only about 5 hours from it, so I could make it there in a very long day trip if I wanted, but after all the build up I don't want to be let down. Not saying that I think it has been over hyped or anything, just like when a movie comes out and everyone is saying that its one of the best ever made, you get all hyped and watch it, and its no where near as good as you were expecting. I just don't want that to happen.

The Hill and Meadow were like that to me. I liked both courses but they were built up so much. It didnt help playing East Metro the day before, they had alot of competition

Flip is at the top of my lis, but maybe a trip to Georgia, the the center of disc golf, visit the huge disc shop there and play tons of the great courses there. I think that could easily top Flip City.

Latest posts