• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The one course...

roadtripstuff

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
If you had the chance, what one course would you play and why? Maybe one off your wish list, or one you have heard about?

I think mine would have to Whistlers Bend in Canada. From the pics and what I have read the terrain here is amazing and I haven't seen anything like it yet.

Flip City since so many people consider it #1

I'm kind of scared to go play flip. I only about 5 hours from it, so I could make it there in a very long day trip if I wanted, but after all the build up I don't want to be let down. Not saying that I think it has been over hyped or anything, just like when a movie comes out and everyone is saying that its one of the best ever made, you get all hyped and watch it, and its no where near as good as you were expecting. I just don't want that to happen.

Yea. I started to say that in my post but I still would like to see it for myself.

The first would be Hawk Hollow in VA. I've made plans twice and they both fell through.

60d8b89d.jpg

The other would be Idlewild in Kentucky. The pictures and a 5 button rating make me want go right now.

e708a106.jpg

I'm kind of scared to go play flip. I only about 5 hours from it, so I could make it there in a very long day trip if I wanted, but after all the build up I don't want to be let down. Not saying that I think it has been over hyped or anything, just like when a movie comes out and everyone is saying that its one of the best ever made, you get all hyped and watch it, and its no where near as good as you were expecting. I just don't want that to happen.

i agree with you on that one....ive gotten to the point now that when my friends and i are going to a new course that they havent played and they ask me what its like i just reply, " eh its pretty cool, you really just have to play it, its hard to explain"...then after they play it we talk about how bad ass it truly is:)

Yea. I started to say that in my post but I still would like to see it for myself.

Guess thats the only way we'll know for sure.

I have also seen the pics and talked to a couple people who have played at base camp adventure lodge in Moab, UT and it would have to be up near the top of my wish list as well.

Man I love two hours from Idlewild and have yet to play it. What the hell is wrong with me. Thats it next Saturday I am going.

Is that a cow in the background at Hawk Hollow?

wow - that's tough...I've played a bunch of awesome courses and try to get back to many of them as much as possible...but if I could go to any course I haven't played yet and play it tomorrow--I would chose Idlewild

Beaver Ranch/Conifer Park. I am absolutely dying to play this park. Up in the mountians, great views, fresh air, awesome holes, baskets and now killer signs. What more could I want!

Beaver Ranch/Conifer Park. I am absolutely dying to play this park. Up in the mountians, great views, fresh air, awesome holes, baskets and now killer signs. What more could I want!

Just played it last Sunday and it is definitely worth the trip. Check out my review if you are curious. ;)

I think any course in Hawaii is at the top of my list. Or I'd settle for playing any course anywhere in the Caribbean. I'm not picky.

Probably the one played in the Japan Open, Nasu Highlands on a ball golf course.

Latest posts