• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Open @ Belmont Mar 19-21

Edit****

Luke humphries...

I like his vibe. Tricked me at low volume. Had me fooled for Perkins

Round 2 post vid.

Not a fan of KJs commentary but he called hole 13 what it is , a "bad hole".

Its not a good par 5/4/3. The design is bad. Changing the par will not make the hole better or improve it in any way.

I do enjoy Perkins commentary as usual. He has a James Franco pineapple express vibe that i enjoy. KJusa seemed a little argumentive with him at times. Never was a KJ fan...even less since his "showcasing" on the otb skins vids. I want Seppo back in the states so i can root for him/prodigy.

Post Coverage vids look great. We have ourselves a Paul vs Ricky final round battle. I wish we had 8 or so players within a stroke or two..... but this is the recurring theme with the current state of disc golf.

Commentary: Entertaining, but could use work. Both guys have their charm. It's just that you have two color commentators and no one doing the play-by-play (the extent of the play-by-play is these guys making orgasmic noises everytime someone makes a nice shot).

Hole 13: luck is a part of every game of skill. If I'm playing holdem, I have aces, and the flop comes out 7-7-2, I have to account for the fact that some douche may be playing 7-2 offsuit. Good plays get punished sometimes. You limit your losses as best as you can. Over the course of a tournament, the best players will make more shots than a duffer.

I'm avoiding spoilers as I'm just watching the back 9 of round 2. So if this has already been mentioned I apologize.

It would be interesting to see some "Steve data" on how park was set on this course. The par 5 albatross from yesterday and an early eagle from Ricky today... really? I see those as an Eagle and a birdie.

That's just two holes that I can think of off of the top of my head.

Hole 13: luck is a part of every game of skill. If I'm playing holdem, I have aces, and the flop comes out 7-7-2, I have to account for the fact that some douche may be playing 7-2 offsuit. Good plays get punished sometimes. You limit your losses as best as you can. Over the course of a tournament, the best players will make more shots than a duffer.

Not how disc golf works. Its weird people would rather make an excuse for a bad hole rather than change it. The best part about disc golf is you can easily and effortlessly change the hole. Hole 13 sucks for the players playing it and the viewers watching it.

We have this weird thing in disc golf where ppl somehow makes that little metal sleeve in the ground sacred. Like it cant be moved.

Each course the dgpt goes to gets transformed to make it challenging for the pros and entertaining for the viewers. This is no different.

Hole 13, they got it wrong, plain and simple. Its not a big deal. Take out a few trees or move the little metal sleeve in the ground and adjust the par. Instantly and permanently fix the "bad hole" issue.

I'm avoiding spoilers as I'm just watching the back 9 of round 2. So if this has already been mentioned I apologize.

It would be interesting to see some "Steve data" on how park was set on this course. The par 5 albatross from yesterday and an early eagle from Ricky today... really? I see those as an Eagle and a birdie.

Hole 8 par 4 average yesterday 3.39
Hole 13 par 5 average yesterday 3.9

According to BogeyNoMore's review of Belmont...Very well suited to beginners and intermediate players alike, it's a wonderful place for newbs... :clap:
5 star review of a 3.5 star course!

I wish this tournament was on DGN, looks like a great lead card in MPO!

Good job DGN

I'm sure it will be up on the Par Talk thread soon.

With Cat putting in work this weekend and a noticeably absent PP, I think CA deserved that POTY award for herself. If she's grinding week in and week out, so be it.

I'm sure it will be up on the Par Talk thread soon.

I think hole 13 is the only one worthy of a debate as far as par goes...and I don't think anyone will be on the "they got it right" side of the debate.
In my opinion, if a hole plays .6 over or under par it's worth a look if its parred correctly. If it plays .75 over or under then it should probably be changed.
If it plays a full stroke over or under par than it definitely should be changed.

The hole that was a big hyzer throwing towards the river, par 4, also questionable. Rick got a 2 today.

They were talking about the TD tying to get this a DGPT tour event in the future... He was like "They keep tweaking some of the holes and i think it could be a great course."

I laughed pretty hard because they would need at least 6 completely new holes to make it even remotely challenging.

Just my thoughts on whole 13. Having a good drive on 13 lands you a tap in Eagle. I didn't think of any other hole on the pro Tour that does this. If you have multiple albatrosses/eagles on a hole during a tournament then you have the par wrong in my opinion. I would rather have it be a hard par four than a soft par five. Tap in eagles for the third shot is not fun.

Just my thoughts on whole 13. Having a good drive on 13 lands you a tap in Eagle. I didn't think of any other hole on the pro Tour that does this. If you have multiple albatrosses/eagles on a hole during a tournament then you have the par wrong in my opinion. I would rather have it be a hard par four than a soft par five. Tap in eagles for the third shot is not fun.

I couldn't watch who won :\:\:\

They were talking about the TD tying to get this a DGPT tour event in the future... He was like "They keep tweaking some of the holes and i think it could be a great course."

I laughed pretty hard because they would need at least 6 completely new holes to make it even remotely challenging.

Or 18 new baskets. :)

Yeah, I thought that was pretty bonkers. That's 100% of why I opened the thread just now - to comment on the ridiculousness of that. This place would need a medium-level redesign. I haven't looked at the overall course map - is that even plausible?

I will commend the place on its pin placements - I thought it did a really great job of managing to make the greens challenging. They definitely used a lot of great natural features to force players to really drill those putts, ignoring the oddness of hole 17's green and the jerky sticks.

Or 18 new baskets. :)
Its obvious your obsession with small things comes from a deep seated feeling of inadequacy, probs stemming from a time when you were laughed out of bed.

Thus was born your "Smaller is better" crusade.
So, tell us... who was she OMD?
We're here for you.

Latest posts