• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Perfect Destroyer

El Oso Peligroso

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I got my first Destroyer about a year ago, and it was a 167 Star Destroyer. When I got it, it was definitely too much disc for me (throwing about 300"). But as I worked on my form I became more able to throw it, largely helped by its light weight no doubt. Now I'm averaging 370 with my best drives getting to 400.

Unfortunately, it's starting to get flippy so I got a 175 Star Destroyer. It's new and still more stable than I'd like, but I can usually get about 20-30" more with my 167 one because the 175 fades out too soon. With time I'm hoping it'll become a little less stable.

So I'm still searching for that perfect destroyer. Destroyer throwers, what is the perfect weight/plastic/wear combo for you and how much can you usually get out of it?

i get max d with my 7/10 175g star destroyer. its REALLY touchy...very nose angle sensitive, but when it locks in to its -1, it goes for days. i love mine, but have seen much bigger guns BOMB lighter dx destroyers. my suggestion is to beat up your new star and pick up a light dx that you use rarely, when you have a wide open shot.:)

Threw my 169 Star Destroyer in a lake 3 weeks ago and missed it immediately. I replaced it with a 172 Champion Destroyer on Monday and I am happy so far.

i use a 161 star (weight may be incorrect maybe 167 cant tell) but ive had it for years and it flies like an "almost new" one...its my big D disc so it doesnt get used often on tight wooded fairways maybe prolonging its life....but IMO star destroyer is the #1 driver in DG

I don't really throw Destroyers anymore, but in Pro plastic they are $$$$$$.

I prefer 168-172g for all my drivers.

I don't really throw Destroyers anymore, but in Pro plastic they are $$$$$$.

I prefer 168-172g for all my drivers.

I wanted to try a Pro one, but they didn't have any at the store when I went. I think a 171 or so might be what I need.

My star destroyer is 168, and just perfectly seasoned to where it will glide a good ways but still always fade out. However, I only throw it on wide open shots with no wind or wind at my back. but i keep it for that reason-it is by far the best disc for those holes.

Have a domey Pro 175 that's very overstable, don't like it.

Had a 169 pro that was super flippy, didn't like it.

Recently acquired a 175 flat star destroyer that's red that I love. Had some of my longest drives with it the past two days.

I actually found a 171 Star Destroyer with no name and been throwing it for a few weeks. Im guessing it had been used quite a bit by its previous owner because I can turn it over and make it S very nice!

Max weight Echo Destroyer. I will no longer buy any other Destroyer after this. I love Champion plastic drivers and Star Wraiths, but when it comes to the Destroyer mold Echo plastic is the best.

Max weight Echo Destroyer. I will no longer buy any other Destroyer after this. I love Champion plastic drivers and Star Wraiths, but when it comes to the Destroyer mold Echo plastic is the best.

how does it compare to Star? I have an echo aero but I doubt they're very similar :p

how does it compare to Star? I have an echo aero but I doubt they're very similar :p

Echo Destroyers are Star plastic.
They tend to be very dense, and very stable, compared to regular Star runs.
This would be the "big arm" Destroyer, for those who flip all the other models.

i use a 161 star (weight may be incorrect maybe 167 cant tell) but ive had it for years and it flies like an "almost new" one...its my big D disc so it doesnt get used often on tight wooded fairways maybe prolonging its life....but IMO star destroyer is the #1 driver in DG

Innova has never run Star Destroyers down to 161 grams, so I'm sure its a 167.

I dont know if I could pick just one Destroyer, every different mold and weight has benefits.

Some are very stable , some more flippy with big time glide.

The Destroyer most suitable for average recreational players would be the Pro model, which tends to be the one with the most glide out of the box.

The biggest surprise I got was the 150 class Dx Destroyer, which is almost as stable as the max weight Echo D's are, and it has lousy glide.

My favorite would have to be my pink 170 Star. I beat it up pretty good throwing it forehand, now it shreds as a backhand disc, and pink is far and away the best color for any driver that goes out of sight.

I got my first Destroyer about a year ago, and it was a 167 Star Destroyer. When I got it, it was definitely too much disc for me (throwing about 300"). But as I worked on my form I became more able to throw it, largely helped by its light weight no doubt. Now I'm averaging 370 with my best drives getting to 400.

Unfortunately, it's starting to get flippy so I got a 175 Star Destroyer. It's new and still more stable than I'd like, but I can usually get about 20-30" more with my 167 one because the 175 fades out too soon. With time I'm hoping it'll become a little less stable.

So I'm still searching for that perfect destroyer. Destroyer throwers, what is the perfect weight/plastic/wear combo for you and how much can you usually get out of it?

Try a Wraith or an Orc

Echo Destroyers are Star plastic.
They tend to be very dense, and very stable, compared to regular Star runs.
This would be the "big arm" Destroyer, for those who flip all the other models.

Innova has never run Star Destroyers down to 161 grams, so I'm sure its a 167.

I dont know if I could pick just one Destroyer, every different mold and weight has benefits.

Some are very stable , some more flippy with big time glide.

The Destroyer most suitable for average recreational players would be the Pro model, which tends to be the one with the most glide out of the box.

The biggest surprise I got was the 150 class Dx Destroyer, which is almost as stable as the max weight Echo D's are, and it has lousy glide.

My favorite would have to be my pink 170 Star. I beat it up pretty good throwing it forehand, now it shreds as a backhand disc, and pink is far and away the best color for any driver that goes out of sight.

I have a Star Lite super stable Star Destroyer. They exist.

I have a Star Lite super stable Star Destroyer. They exist.

My Star lite 166g is the most overstable Destroyer I've thrown, but similar to the Echo Star, but the Echo's are in heavier weights so it just depends on what you want.

My favorite Destroyer is the Pro version.

Echo Star plastic. EVERY disc I've seen in this plastic has had more glide and therefore more D. Try it.

I just ordered 2 E* destroyers to try. I love my E* bosses, TBs and Katanas...