• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Whats next for RDG?

BIG plans!

I'm working on having a run of Wizards made that are puddle topped/lower profile than a standard run.

I want to create a variant of the Wiz (think Yeti Pro Aviar) that is a consistent way for customers to pick up a modified Wiz. I'll probably call them Lizards bc the name is just too easy. I want them to sit in that SS/SSS flex range so they're good for all season play & are equally useful for both putting and driving.

After that...
- Amber Gilas
- continuing to test the distance driver
- new run of Ptero (working on a new colors)
- fall apparel if that's something people want?

That's about what is on my agenda now. Anything you all would like to see?

Tyrants

New understable midrange (M4-ish)

Black tarpit scales!

RDG Pokemon stamp return (how much do gotta pay for 10 fossil serpents with this?)

Excited for the distance driver. Any early thoughts on its flight?

Good requests! Here's what I think...

Tyrants

New understable midrange (M4-ish): This is actually on our radar. We have an opportunity to snag the Storm Discs Eye which was a pretty fantastic mold.

Black tarpit scales!: This is definitely doable

RDG Pokemon stamp return (how much do gotta pay for 10 fossil serpents with this?): good question. I'll have to see if we even have that stamp sitting around

Excited for the distance driver. Any early thoughts on its flight?: it's the Storm Maelstrom/Gateway Blurr mold. It's got a really unique shape but the flight is probably 11, 4, -. 5, 2.5 Not a max D mold for bc it's pretty reliably OS but I can definitely trust it in winder conditions where the Journey I usually throw for max D flips over. I like the mold but I'm not sure if I prioritize it over our other projects.

I'll second the Tyrant.

It's a disc that would likely be in my bag if replacements were more readily available.

Making the Tyrant in China was a HUGE mistake.

We have been trying to get a fresh run out of them for over a year. They keep claiming this issue or that issue and ultimately I'm not certain we will ever have another successful run out of their facility.

I'm started to consider doing a Kickstarter to retool the entire mold. I've looked into trying to tool the Tyrant wing for use at Gateway which is possible to pair with the Blade top. Several options on the table but first I want to completely rule out the China facility because they already have the mold. What a mess....

Still after all this time... I can't believe another manufacturer hasn't created a comparable mold. But that's good for us

Those Lizards sound great. When I inevitably come back to wizards I'll probably opt for those for a change

BIG plans!

I'm working on having a run of Wizards made that are puddle topped/lower profile than a standard run.

I want to create a variant of the Wiz (think Yeti Pro Aviar) that is a consistent way for customers to pick up a modified Wiz. I'll probably call them Lizards bc the name is just too easy. I want them to sit in that SS/SSS flex range so they're good for all season play & are equally useful for both putting and driving.

After that...
- Amber Gilas

I wouldn't mind some more apparel options. I have the hat and hoodie, would be cool to have. Few new shirt designs.

BIG plans!

Whatever Gateway did with the red Nikko Wizards would be a good place to start.

While waiting on tyrants I would love another run of Raptors. I am down to zero and the Anax isn't as fun.

The Blurr was pretty good. Excited to see how it comes out now that gateway has nailed down the run consistency for drivers better. Also my game has changed enough I may like it more now.

BIG plans!

After that...
- Amber Gilas

Puddle top Wizards with low shoulders would be great.

I hope the Pteros run on the flatter side.

Puddle top Wizards with low shoulders would be great.

I hope the Pteros run on the flatter side.

I wonder if flat petro would be more stable, I would be interested. The petro flys like a good FD, a stable stiffer one could be like 3rd run or even 2nd run FD 🤤

Picked up this Bigger Bird DX Roc from PIAS, looks like storage wear only. Love the stamp, was it only 2 runs of these in late 2015/ early 2016?
ec371a1093acddd23c349ee5a60d4938.jpg

Picked up this Bigger Bird DX Roc from PIAS, looks like storage wear only. Love the stamp, was it only 2 runs of these in late 2015/ early 2016?
ec371a1093acddd23c349ee5a60d4938.jpg

Sounds about right, I've got the glow one!

The glow run plastic was amazing. Probably the best dx run in the last 10 years. Same year the dx thunderbirds came out.

Hmmm, it's not the same DX plastic blend as the Thunderbirds unless there was more than 1 run of these glow RDG Rocs. I've got a glow RDG Roc out in the garage and a whole stack of those original DX Thunderbirds, and I don't think they are the same blend. I just went out to feel them up to check. That original DX Thunderbird plastic is super grippy, almost rubbery feeling, while still being very stiff. The glow RDG Roc feels a lot less grippy to me but still very stiff, almost like it's got a little KC Pro mixed in.

Don't get me wrong, it's still very nice plastic. It just doesn't feel like the same blend of DX as those original DX Thunderbirds.

Latest posts