• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many sweet custom bags ill give that to zuca its actually amazing.

3815_6_.jpg

I must figure out a way to get this! So dope

Zuca is 100% committed to growing disc golf and helping disc golf retailers make money to help grow there companies. Just one reason I why I stepped back a bit and im not the only one selling RR/Zuca I want to help all disc golf shops, God knows they are not getting rich owning a dg store. We need more Zuca type companies getting into disc golf! It would not surprise me if there was a Zuca open on the national tour in a couple years.

Hey Rocs....

I see our friends at zuca.com now have stock available, but you still don't. Any news? I'm ready with PayPal funds to immediately purchase when you have something. I check every morning and 6-8 times per day... :D:D:D

Yes they are at Zuca!! and shipping today I hope. It's a pretty big order so it may take like 6-10 to get here to Wisconsin. I have to ship on a small semi. As soon as I get tracking I will put the frames in stock. But keep in mind the ship time to me. Thanks bud

Because I don't do reviews? lol I've played plenty of courses. I've only had the zuca since Christmas. You act as if I said the delta was a bad cart, I think both the delta and zuca are great carts which both have their pros and cons. The pros of the zuca appealed to me more, so that's what I got.

Do you delta guys just need confirmation of the awesomeness of your cart because they are not getting much acknowledgement here. Honestly it's a little annoying.

I don't think any zuca owner has talked down on the delta, yet almost every delta owner wants to talk down on the zuca. Grow up delta fanboys.

You have to review courses to have them marked as played...

You may not have directly bashed the Delta cart, but calling people with a Delta "fanboys" when you are basically the biggest Ridge Roller apologist on this thread is a little disingenuous, don't you think?

Last edited:
You have to review courses to have them marked as played...

You may not have directly bashed the Delta cart, but calling people with a Delta "fanboys" when you are basically the biggest Ridge Roller apologist on this thread is a little disingenuous, don't you think?

I really could care less what a website says, I know how many courses I've played. BTW it's pretty obvious reviews change the stat.

Ridge roller apologist lol! Maybe I (and others) didn't see what joe did as much of a problem. I have said multiple times I think both are great carts and spent a good amount of time in each thread figuring out which would fit me best. I have even posted that at some point I would probably own both. So I have not directly or indirectly bashed the delta, just the owners that seem to think it's their responsibility to bash another business for something that was really no big deal.

Enjoy your delta, I know I would.

Last edited:
I really could care less what a website says, I know how many courses I've played. BTW it's pretty obvious reviews change the stat.

Ridge roller apologist lol! Maybe I (and others) didn't see what joe did as much of a problem. I have said multiple times I think both are great carts and spent a good amount of time in each thread figuring out which would fit me best. I have even posted that at some point I would probably own both. So I have not directly or indirectly bashed the delta, just the owners that seem to think it's their responsibility to bash another business for something that was really no big deal.

Enjoy your delta, I know I would.

How many courses have you actually played, then?

I mis-typed in my post. You DON'T have to review a site to mark it as played. I've played a billion times more courses than you have, but have only reviewed a handful.

Anyway, RR/Zuca posting in the Delta thread was bad form and something much, MUCH less than classy.

I know you think it's no big deal, but it truly is. It shows the character of a company.

If introducing myself and answering questions on the delta form brought up about the RR then I'm guilty. I meant no way bad intentions against delta, Brian is a great guy with bad ass cart! Again I apologize(I'm learning) . Joe robinson

^ I wouldn't sweat it, peeps can get weird up in here.

Ie:
I hate both carts because I don't own either one :D

How many courses have you actually played, then?

I mis-typed in my post. You DON'T have to review a site to mark it as played. I've played a billion times more courses than you have, but have only reviewed a handful.

Anyway, RR/Zuca posting in the Delta thread was bad form and something much, MUCH less than classy.

I know you think it's no big deal, but it truly is. It shows the character of a company.

Oh boy I didn't realize this was a sword swinging contest get a life dude! I could care less how many courses you've played. Which I would hope in the almost 20 years you have played is more than me lol. :doh:

^ I wouldn't sweat it, peeps can get weird up in here.

Ie:
I hate both carts because I don't own either one :D

You should really consider fixing that problem. I love my cart so far and although a bit pricier than even the highest end bag, I believe worth the investment. I got a RR, but I don't think you could go wrong with either that or the Delta. Also, the cart designed for backpacks from RR might make the transition easier on the wallet. I have no experience with them personally, but imagine that they would be great if they are as well made as the full blown cart. Spend some money and save you back.

Edit: Just realized you were not saying you did not own either, but speaking as someone who didn't and hated both. But if you own neither, consider what I said.

I would certainly entertain owning a cart. I just can't decide which one is better suited for my needs.

I was being sarcastic over the bickering about which cart has a bigger moral penis

Since Joe isn't talking about it here I will - some cool new options in the works for RR owners being talked about on the FB pages including saddlebag cooler, heated seat cushion and the long awaited production PUTTER POUCH.

In Delta news... .who cares, this is the RR thread! Let's talk about how awesome our RR/Zuca SC's are!

3 month review:
Still loving my RR. Had to clean my bag for the first time, couldn't take the internal frame out of the bag because it's zip-tied into the bag. No big deal. Used dish soap and a soft brush to clean the bag, looks like new again. Should probably put a coat of water-proof spray on. First 'issue' with the bag - one of the horizontal bars in the internal disc carrier frame broke off from the side panel which required a fix (thank you drywall tap + washer + screw). Probably due to the freezing temps and jamming too many discs into it. Lower portion of the telescoping handle was a little loose and needed to be tightened, now back to 100%. Handle has been biggest 'issue' to date with the cart, have to REALLY snug the QR's down to get a no wiggle fit, which puts a very small indention onto the tube every time it's tightened, tubes no longer EASILY telescope due to all the micro indentions in the tube from (over?)tightening. Solution is to disassemble the tubes when transporting and re-assemble when using (vice telescoping) - which is really a very minor quibble. Over time (years?) the handle/tubes will need to be replaced. No other issues to report, still running like a champ and turning heads and starting conversations every time I take it out.

Modifications: Versabrella umbrella, Bluetooth speaker mount, phone mount, MTB grip.

Since Joe isn't talking about it here I will - some cool new options in the works for RR owners being talked about on the FB pages including saddlebag cooler, heated seat cushion and the long awaited production PUTTER POUCH.

In Delta news... .who cares, this is the RR thread! Let's talk about how awesome our RR/Zuca SC's are!

3 month review:
Still loving my RR. Had to clean my bag for the first time, couldn't take the internal frame out of the bag because it's zip-tied into the bag. No big deal. Used dish soap and a soft brush to clean the bag, looks like new again. Should probably put a coat of water-proof spray on. First 'issue' with the bag - one of the horizontal bars in the internal disc carrier frame broke off from the side panel which required a fix (thank you drywall tap + washer + screw). Probably due to the freezing temps and jamming too many discs into it. Lower portion of the telescoping handle was a little loose and needed to be tightened, now back to 100%. Handle has been biggest 'issue' to date with the cart, have to REALLY snug the QR's down to get a no wiggle fit, which puts a very small indention onto the tube every time it's tightened, tubes no longer EASILY telescope due to all the micro indentions in the tube from (over?)tightening. Solution is to disassemble the tubes when transporting and re-assemble when using (vice telescoping) - which is really a very minor quibble. Over time (years?) the handle/tubes will need to be replaced. No other issues to report, still running like a champ and turning heads and starting conversations every time I take it out.

Modifications: Versabrella umbrella, Bluetooth speaker mount, phone mount, MTB grip.

Do you know how painful this is for me to read!!! I've been wanting to buy one of these for over a month now and played my first tournament this year on a long ball golf course perfectly suited for the RR this past weekend. I check the website 3 times a day in anticipation that I can order...

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!! :D:D

There in stock now! Just got home from a hockey game and checked to see and boom... got my order in on the purple edition!

Thank you. Your order has been received.

ORDER NUMBER:
DATE:
01/14/2016
TOTAL:
$380.00
PAYMENT METHOD:
PayPal

To be fair, there was an extended period of time where no one was certain the Delta Cart would ever be produced again. The DC thread slowly turned into a thread wherein to discuss any higher end disc golf carts. The only viable game in time, for some time was the RR. The members themselves were using that thread to discuss the RR, and so naturally Joe gravitated to where discussion of his product was occurring. When the DC came back, the thread continued, at least for a short time to be a general disc golf cart discussion thread. Shortly thereafter, Joe stopped posting there. His last post was 9/1/15.

So what made you guys decide to rag on him in this thread over four months after his last post in the DC thread? Was it your abiding fidelity to on-topic thread discussions? Or was it the same over-opinionated trolling disguised as constructive discussion you bring on a daily basis? Never mind, I know the answer.

To be fair, there was an extended period of time where no one was certain the Delta Cart would ever be produced again. The DC thread slowly turned into a thread wherein to discuss any higher end disc golf carts. The only viable game in time, for some time was the RR. The members themselves were using that thread to discuss the RR, and so naturally Joe gravitated to where discussion of his product was occurring. When the DC came back, the thread continued, at least for a short time to be a general disc golf cart discussion thread. Shortly thereafter, Joe stopped posting there. His last post was 9/1/15.

So what made you guys decide to rag on him in this thread over four months after his last post in the DC thread? Was it your abiding fidelity to on-topic thread discussions? Or was it the same over-opinionated trolling disguised as constructive discussion you bring on a daily basis? Never mind, I know the answer.

I remembered the same timeline and even went through the delta thread to prove it but was tired arguing the point and decided to not even bring it up. I think it's obvious for most joe is a good guy with good intentions.

Got my Orange one today from Airborn. I slimed the wheels and added some patches and now I'm itching even more to mod this puppy. Quick question, is the rain fly only on the Ridge Roller, (most likely would have never used it)? Also I didn't get the pencil holder, again I have a score card holder so no biggie. Finally is the RR putter pocket better than the home depot ones I've seen posted? Trying to decide which one to get. Overall I'm super stoked to get this beast on the course and pleased with the build quality.

Got my Orange one today from Airborn. I slimed the wheels and added some patches and now I'm itching even more to mod this puppy. Quick question, is the rain fly only on the Ridge Roller, (most likely would have never used it)? Also I didn't get the pencil holder, again I have a score card holder so no biggie. Finally is the RR putter pocket better than the home depot ones I've seen posted? Trying to decide which one to get. Overall I'm super stoked to get this beast on the course and pleased with the build quality.

Do you think the slime will be enough for the tires or have you considered putting in a solid tube? I would be curious about what others have done as well.

If you bought the Zuca version of the cart, it looks like it would not take the old rainfly that require magnets to attach (they do not appear in the Zuca cart pictures). But you will be able to buy another version of the rainfly directly from the RR site soon (not sure on timeline, but I would guess a month or two). It will fit either the Zuca or RR built carts without magnets and looks to be a better overall design than the old rainfly.

RR putter pocket has not officially been released. Some of the old pictures with a putter pocket were just tool belts from places like Home Depot. It might be cheaper to find and attach your own version but you can just wait for the release from RR. This one can be moved easier b/c of the Velcro and looks to have lots of slots for things other than discs. I doubt I will buy one, but looks pretty good (hell, in two months I will probably have changed my mind and order one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts