• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] THE Roc3 Thread

Can someone tell me where you get pro roc3s or when they get released?

If you mean McPro Roc3's (McBeth tour series disc), then tbird is correct. New runs get released periodically on the Innova Factory Store (under Limited -> Tour Series). This year's batch hasn't been released yet, so there are none there right now. The Innova Factory Store will announce it on their social media accounts like Twitter when they release a run, so you can watch those. The initial release of a new run will probably sell out quickly, but don't worry if you miss those. After the initial batch they tend to release more of them weekly or semi-weekly until they stop selling out completely.

I don't hear much talk about DX Roc3s. People always seem to like McPros. Not much talk about DX. Anyone cycle DX Roc3s? I've been trying out a Roc3 cycle. Not in my tournament bag, just for fun. I'm going to try to go with two Champion Roc3s & cycle three DX Roc3s.

I don't hear much talk about DX Roc3s. People always seem to like McPros. Not much talk about DX. Anyone cycle DX Roc3s? I've been trying out a Roc3 cycle. Not in my tournament bag, just for fun. I'm going to try to go with two Champion Roc3s & cycle three DX Roc3s.

Love them. They might be my favorite Roc3 plastic.

I dunno.
I only have one DX Roc3 so the sample size is really small. Compare that to my 20 or so DX Ranchos.

The DX Roc3 is really not an impressive candidate for cycling IMO. Ranchos start out more overstable even when pushed out to 320' and beyond. The Roc3 develops some turn well before a Rancho would even dream of turning. So the Roc3 cycle would cover fewer slots than a Rancho cycle. Rancho cycle FTW.

Cycling Roc3s makes more sense if you don't throw as far or are up at higher elevations

Again, sample size of 1 Roc3 so take that $0.02 for what it's worth.

Rando question what is a new with sticker champ glow roc3 worth? Sweet "crave the chains" stamp

about $16-20. Can be bought brand new on the interwebs for that price in multiple places. 2013's go for a bit more though.

I'm cycling DX Roc3 now. I personally think they season slower than Ranchos (I think the wing is stiffer on Roc3). Finally got one to dead freaking straight at full power. Glad I grabbed a dozen or so back at the USDGC.

I'm cycling DX Roc3 now. I personally think they season slower than Ranchos (I think the wing is stiffer on Roc3). Finally got one to dead freaking straight at full power. Glad I grabbed a dozen or so back at the USDGC.

Huh. Maybe I bought a bum Roc3.
Did yours start out more/less/the same overstability as a DX Rancho?
I can't talk about how quickly the Roc3 seasons but mine is definitely less overstable than a new Rancho.

Are yours special stamped or USDGC stamped? I'm wondering if they saved a sweet run for sale @ USDGC.

Mine were the ones put into the Teebox (disc vending machine) that patrons who bought a ticket could buy. Stamped 2013 USDGC. These are prior to the official release in DX.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That looks likea zipper top did they tweak the Roc3?
I2b9IaL.png

That looks likea zipper top did they tweak the Roc3?
I2b9IaL.png

Now extra Buzzz like.

Maybe just needed to create another mold piece. Does not mean they actively tweaked the disc. Although, I guess if anyone other than Innova employees would know, it would be McBeth.

Now extra Buzzz like.

Maybe just needed to create another mold piece. Does not mean they actively tweaked the disc. Although, I guess if anyone other than Innova employees would know, it would be McBeth.

That was my first thought, also: they needed to make a new physical mold, and it came out ever so slightly differently. Second thought is maybe they did make slight tweaks upon Paul's request.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see the reviews of the "new" Roc3...

I had my first ace the other day with a beautiful fludye 4x the other day. My go to disc. Feels great and flies so consistently. The perfect disc for anything shorter than 300 feet.

Well, this just excites me to get the purple Champ one I ordered from the store a bit more now.

I have a strange pair of rocs in the bag right now, both are pretty much new and both 180g. One is a board flat almost concave KC Roc that is very straight and actually likes to drift right a bit. The other is a slightly domey dx Roc3 that's quite a bit more overstable. Straight and decent fade. The roc3 is far from normal rancho roc domey, but just a small smooth dome. I bet it's going to season in really nice and I'm looking to find more like that. It forehands surprisingly well for me as well which is an unexpected bonus.

didnt think there was anything wrong with the existing ones, but niceeee