• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Straightest driver on the market

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
What do you guys use for max distance on a narrow fairway. Something straight with little fade

It all depends on your arm speed and how far you throw. For a long time, the Xpress worked great for me on shots like that, now they flip too easily. Depending on the distance, a hyzer flip with a valk or beast usually does the trick for me, though for shorter shots leopards and cheetahs are great.

I usually throw my TeeBird but recently picked up an Impact and Stratus that might just take its' place. I would also recommend an Avenger SS, as long as you don't overpower it. It takes zero effort to make it go a very far distance.

For me it's gotta be the Star TL. It's really long because of how straight it flies. If you're used to throwing a Roc, you might have to start it on a slight hyzer at release to make sure you don't flip it too much. I can bomb this thing 380ish on flat land and I don't even have one of the longer arms.

As far as max distance-- Elite-Z Surge SS...and for those using a Leopard I feel sorry for. The Surge SS will destroy that disc as far as distance goes and it's pretty damn straight too with just a slight fade as it finishes up. I've really been impressed with this disc since I bought it. The glide is amazing and it just goes on a straight line forever.

As far as max distance-- Elite-Z Surge SS...and for those using a Leopard I feel sorry for. The Surge SS will destroy that disc as far as distance goes and it's pretty damn straight too with just a slight fade as it finishes up. I've really been impressed with this disc since I bought it. The glide is amazing and it just goes on a straight line forever.

I had a feeling you'd say the Surge SS. You had some beautiful drives w/ it yesterday afternoon... especially #1... threadn' the needle. We'll have to do that again.

For sure. Good times. Next time I think I'll just use the Surge SS on every throw since it seemed to be the only disc that would go where I wanted...hell, it'd probably improve my putting game too, which apparently was illegal to begin with :x What were you mainly throwing for the straight ones today? Were they fairway drivers? You had some serious consistency on your straight drives today.

I am really leaning towards getting a Surge SS

I agree with a surge SS. Definitely a straight flyer with good distance when thrown with the right power. Also a avenger SS is a good straight flying disc but can be flippy when overpowered. Roadrunner is another good straight flying disc.

The Leopard is pretty straight but I would say the Discraft XL is the straightest driver I have thrown. You might be giving up a little distance but the accuracy is worth it.

I am really leaning towards getting a Surge SS

I forget you're average drive man but if I recall from some of your other posts and what not you throw similar to me(maxing at around 320 ). I just picked up a moderately used Z surge ss and on the practice field it's ok, but when on the course, I'm having a hard time with it. Seems I either turn it over too much or not enough. Either way I thought I'd let you know what mine is doing for me. Depending on how this week's practice sessions go I may be wanting to unload it via trade/sale. I'll keep you in mind.

On a narrow fairway I'd probably go with a beat DX Gazelle. If I had a little more room for error, a DX Teebird. I don't normally go for max distance on narrow fairways, though. I usually reach for a mid.

Latest posts