• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Straightest driver on the market

I jus wonder....how come nobody actually admits hom much flex, hyzer, oat really goes into these "Straight" problem solver discs? geez boyz. we are throwing on a curve and there are no realistic straight lines.

I consider a straight flying disc to be one that resists turn-over when thrown hard, yet has a minimal amount of fade. It's true every driver will fade (if it doesn't turn over), but the later in the flight that it starts its fade combined with harshness (angle) of the fade is how I determine which discs are straightest.

Distance driver: Surge SS
Fairway driver: Teebird or Stalker
Midrange: Buzzz
Putter: Any suggestions? Haven't found one that will resist turn-over when thrown with power and still have a minimal fade. It seems to be one or the other with the putters I've tried.

Also, IMO, straight discs are not only good at being released flat and going straight, but they're also good at holding hyzer or anhyzer lines. I can release any of the discs I've mentioned on a hyzer or anhyzer angle and they will follow a smooth arc without too much fighting to fade or having a tendency to turn.

Basically, the discs I've mentioned are my favorite discs for these reasons and also my most used discs. Every other disc in my bag is more of a specialty disc used in circumstances that don't call for a straight shot or a smooth arc.

Putter: Any suggestions? Haven't found one that will resist turn-over when thrown with power and still have a minimal fade. It seems to be one or the other with the putters I've tried.

I find both the Challenger and the Voodoo to be putters that resist turning over and in my experience have minimal fade if thrown hard and flat. Seeing as how I have the same opinion on the other discs you listed I think you might agree. The Voodoos are probably the straightest with least amount of fade but I have been finding the Challenger resists turning over better.

I consider a straight flying disc to be one that resists turn-over when thrown hard, yet has a minimal amount of fade. It's true every driver will fade (if it doesn't turn over), but the later in the flight that it starts its fade combined with harshness (angle) of the fade is how I determine which discs are straightest.

Distance driver: Surge SS
Fairway driver: Teebird or Stalker
Midrange: Buzzz

Also, IMO, straight discs are not only good at being released flat and going straight, but they're also good at holding hyzer or anhyzer lines. I can release any of the discs I've mentioned on a hyzer or anhyzer angle and they will follow a smooth arc without too much fighting to fade or having a tendency to turn.

Basically, the discs I've mentioned are my favorite discs for these reasons and also my most used discs. Every other disc in my bag is more of a specialty disc used in circumstances that don't call for a straight shot or a smooth arc.

Both my Titanic and Soft Magnet go straight.

That's exactly what I use my dx classic roc for, I can put enough power on it to go 270' without it getting too flippy, and it really doesn't fade if you have a nice straight shot. It'll hold hyzer or anny lines really nicely too, really versatile disc for me.

Both my Titanic and Soft Magnet go straight.
I have a Magnet but it has a tendency to turn over when thrown hard. Right now I use an Omega AP for this shot, but I have to take off a lot of power so that it doesn't turn over, and it still likes to drift right a bit. The magnet and aviar have similar flights.

I think I'll go by Disc Nation and test throw the Voodoo, Challenger and Classic Roc. BTW, what's the difference between a Classic Roc and a KC Pro Roc?

The classic roc is totally different than any of the other roc molds. It's considered a putt/approach disc now while the roc is a midrange. The classic roc is the XD putter with a big bead on the bottom for extra stability.

Do they do the dishes too?
^^

No , but this is how I feel after I nail a putt with it:

Titanic_1.jpg

A beat version of a big beaded putter (Wizard, BB Aviar, Challenger, Banger, ect) will be the straightest at all speeds.

Stratus

Stratus (DX) - with slight hyzer release. You give up some distance - but my how straight it flies! Vision, Sidewinder, Roadrunner are all relatively understable drivers - but they can finish to the skip side (with my *lack of* arm speed).

I have a Soft Magnet, that is not super soft, and is quite beat in, and it flies straight as an arrow. Absolutely zero fade at 100ft. Its my main approch disc. I use it for anything 125-30ft in.

WHICH DISCS

I would be curious to know what discs /weights were the "long flyers" in the Great Texas Spinoff...Were the results for each disc type consistent across the board with all participants? Meaning, did each person seem to percentage wise - based on strength/techinique/etc. - get disc A to go X and disc B to go Y?

Is a 150 Archangel King of Kings? Or is a 162 XL larger than life?

Anyway, back to topic -

What disc flies straightest?

I just recently discovered the "Polecat" is a damn laser beam -
Zephyr's can be flown on a rope too -
But lack of distance is the downside... (More lip - Less zip)

In the realm of high-speed techno -

Cheetah/Leopard/TL/XL are my picks...

I love my 150 Beast -

But I'd really have to back off to make him straighten up and fly right...

I mean straight...