• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The term "hyzers out"

What do you think?

• Okay with me!

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • It's a plague on our society

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 87 48.9%
  • What are we talking about?

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters
"hyzer out" got my home course pulled

"hyzer out" is why the cops use FLIR at leagues

"hyzer out" isn't actually a celebrity at all

"hyzer out" throws flip-sh** drivers with the HyzerOut stamp

"hyzer out" didn't turn in its PDGA event fees

"hyzer out" lied about its stolen bag

"hyzer out" is responsible for FB prices

"hyzer out" bent the basket on 7

"hyzer out" has the wrong top

"hyzer out" ships in manila

"hyzer out" doesn't have your Banger

"hyzer out" is holding back the sport

"hyzer out" got my home course pulled

"hyzer out" is why the cops use FLIR at leagues

"hyzer out" isn't actually a celebrity at all

"hyzer out" throws flip-sh** drivers with the HyzerOut stamp

"hyzer out" didn't turn in its PDGA event fees

"hyzer out" lied about its stolen bag

"hyzer out" is responsible for FB prices

"hyzer out" bent the basket on 7

"hyzer out" has the wrong top

"hyzer out" ships in manila

"hyzer out" doesn't have your Banger

"hyzer out" is holding back the sport

Well done.

I'll tell you what bothers me... the use of the term "hole" as in I played an 18 hole DG course today or I got a deuce on the 3rd hole at Bear Creek. There are no holes in DG we are throwing at baskets. We need to come up with a better term than hole to differentiate our sport from ball golf.

Nah.. I'm just being a butt hole.

It bothers me a lot more when people say turn when they really mean fade. And even that doesn't really bother me much. I reserve my getting bothered for people not following the rules or being whiny babies.

It bothers me a lot more when people say turn when they really mean fade. And even that doesn't really bother me much. I reserve my getting bothered for people not following the rules or being whiny babies.

People say turn when they mean fade? Now that's just moronic lol. I'd probably correct that person. It's not even close. I like when someone throws an anny and then says the disc flipped on them. I have to hold back the desire to say "no idiot, you flipped it on you. Don't blame the disc. You threw something stable-understable on an anny line and it did what it's supposed to do in that situation" :eek:

People say turn when they mean fade? Now that's just moronic lol. I'd probably correct that person. It's not even close. I like when someone throws an anny and then says the disc flipped on them. I have to hold back the desire to say "no idiot, you flipped it on you. Don't blame the disc. You threw something stable-understable on an anny line and it did what it's supposed to do in that situation" :eek:

Hmmmmm. "Anny"??? Is "anny" short for:

a) anhyzer
b) anHyzer
c) Anheuser
d) Anheuser- Busch
or
e) Dorothy Gale's legal guardian??​

Is this correct? I thought hyzer is an angle. It can be at the release and/or at the end.

Your version is more correct. It's an angle but not just a release angle. :hfive:

Nope, hyzer and anhyzer refer to release angle, turn and fade refer to the angle of the disc in flight.

That said, nobody is confused when you say a disc "hyzered out" so it doesn't really matter.

Nope, hyzer and anhyzer refer to release angle, turn and fade refer to the angle of the disc in flight.

That said, nobody is confused when you say a disc "hyzered out" so it doesn't really matter.

See now I'm going to have to be referred to the page in the disc golf bible where that is explained. I can agree that it should probably only be used to describe your release angle but when you are describing a shot or line I think it's perfectly acceptable to tell someone to let it hyzer through that gap, take the hyzer line, etc I find that all to be common and accepted terminology of anhyzer and hyzer that doesn't refer to a specific release angle but the angle of flight.

Disagree. Hyzer is the wing down angle to the spin direction at any given point in time during flight. Release angle is a very specific angle and point in time. Hyzer can determined at any point in the flight as long as the disc is spinning.

The term "hyzer out" would mean that the disc was in an anhyzer turn and came out of it, or turned out of it, or faded out, hyzered out of it. If the disc never flipped from it's hyzer release angle then it can't hyzer/turn/fade out of it.

Thank you for making a poll that has don't know and don't care options.

However, the "plague on our society" response for the No side. I voted no, but don't feel that strongly about it ;)

What I love about this thread is that people are arguing over semantics in a thread dedicated to semantics.