• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

Seriously anyone who thinks that is a elevated teepad needs to get eyeball transplants... When you throw over a ditch is that a down-hill shot too?! or across a pond is that elevated regardless of the landing zone the earth goes way down? ...wowwww

I threw a Tern yesterday. My feeling was that the only Destroyer that it would compare to is a really broken in Pro. It was super flippy, but could be powered down nicely. No place for it in my bag as I have my old Destoyers to fill that role. Not a bad disc, though. Just not designed for my style.

Proof. Troof. Internetz.

Genius ... if this is original, get it copyrighted

word gets around... and quoted for truth.

lolololololololololololol

Some people are too stupid to recognize sarcasm.

You calling NOSteveLA stupid? I mean he's probably a Saints fan, but don't hold that against him ...

If only there was a video coming out today that showed The Hammer and New013 bombing drives ...

... oh wait ... THERE IS :hfive:

I threw a Tern yesterday. My feeling was that the only Destroyer that it would compare to is a really broken in Pro. It was super flippy, but could be powered down nicely. No place for it in my bag as I have my old Destoyers to fill that role. Not a bad disc, though. Just not designed for my style.

Which Tern did you throw?

I throw the Champ proto tern and the Star Tern. I have not broken in the Star Tern yet.
But after dozens of rounds with the Champ proto I find myself not even reaching for my 5x Valk anymore.
This disc loves a calm day or slight tailwind and can just straight out fly.
Anny release has produced some beautiful S curve distance drives 350-380.
Overpowing this disc has mixed results, think a Beast with a noodle arm described it best for me.
Champ is 175 and Star is 172.

and while I watch football I am not now or have I ever been a Saints fan.

LOL, who's showing ignorance? Hole #13 on the Tobaggan course does have an elevated teepad. Can you not see the landscape clearly going down hill from the side view as they're driving? There's another discraft video which gives an even clearer view. Only the last 1/3 of the hole is up hill.

That hole does NOT have an elevated pad. The hole is flat for about 280 then has a HILL that goes up about 30-40 feet. At the top it levels off and the basket is up there... I've played the course at least 8 times. Perhaps you are thinking about 17... which does tee elevated over the flat land at the bottom of the sled hill and the basket is up a steep hill protected by small bushes.

Sorry, not elevated. It's been about 8 years, but my memory is pretty decent.

I have a 175 Jolly and you can definitely flip these more easily than a Destroyer.

This disc has kind of a weird flight but I can see some real potential. It actually holds it own in the wind pretty well too. I feel like I can still get my Pro Wraith out farther on a similar flight path though, so the jury is still out as to whether or not I will carry it.

So, would you say my calling it a finesse driver is pretty accurate?

Re elevated teepad at Kensington #13...the hole plays up hill, but from the teepad you're initally throwing over an approx 150 ft downgrade. I consider that an elevated tee, others may not.

I've played many mountain courses where the teepad is elevated while the end of the hole(basket) is on an upgrade that may be level with the teepad, 400-500 ft out. So, throwing from an elevated teepad over a big drop(or valley) to a basket on another ridge equates to an elevated teepad, not level ground, IMO...and most others, BTW. The teepad is either elevated or not, irrespective of where the basket is.

Kensington #13 may not be the best example, but it is initially downhill from the teepad.

Who really cares? It was a minor point re a video of Feldberg throwing from #13.

Latest posts