• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

bios are the worst and my lucid wasn't great surprisingly.

The fusions and hybrid eMac were better.

never tried a moonshine.

He says "... flies similar to my ExCals, a little faster, I can get a little more distance out of it, more replaceable. It made the bag recently and I've been really happy with it..."

He carries it. It's his second favorite distance driver behind hard-to-find proto ExCals. He didn't say "I carry this P.O.S. because it sucks and I like to throw it into piles of poop."

It's an underrated disc. The good ones are really good. And they are definitely more HSS than Terns. And less so than Destroyers and ExCals.

I like Glow Terns, but for slightly more HSS, I'll throw a good overstable MF Teedevil. I'll let rip on AJ Destroyers too, but the Teedevil is the straightest of the bunch for my arm (all three around 400').

the local innova pro I play/practice with (bobby c) flew out to the Memorial with Brinster to play together and he says that Brinster throws the PD2 instead of those Xcals now. It was getting too expensive finding them.

I'm curious about the teedevil though, for some reason I assumed it was an over stable brick but the flight numbers have it looking like a a straighter destroyer.

there's just so much overlap with numbers when you compare the star wraith/star destroyer/champ tern and now a teedevil... lol

I'm going to say one last thing, then I'm done here. Destroyers, Wraiths and Terns all need more room to work than Teedevils do. Obviously, this is my experience and there is variation disc to disc. But that's, I think, a fair and honest assessment.

I'll gladly defer to you on the Teedevil question. I've owned one, and it was more OS with less glide than a pop top bottom stamped Destroyer I have. Suffice it to say, I'm assuming mine (Teedevil I mean) wasn't one of the 'good ones.'

Just got one of these and loving it!!!

picture.php

Yeah man, that swirly Star Tern looks damn nice. I've got a light Star Tern that is 163g and when I hit it right and it does its work, it is the longest disc in my bag. My 167g G* Tern is just a bit behind it. The G* Tern is the most consistently long disc in my bag. It is surprisingly stable and I can even flick bombs with it. The champ Terns usually show too much turn when I flick them but for some reason the G* just holds it's line better and flexes out. Wow.

I prefer the metal flake, the few glows I've felt were pretty stuff and slick feeling. I also hate looking for glow colored discs in the bushes, but that's just me. My metal flake terns are bombers, and can handle a bit of wind also.

Glow for me. But I love champion glow plastic for more OS compliments to a bunch of molds. Glow terns are really the only Terns I throw -- great paired with Star destroyers.

I've only tried glows and I agree they can be a bit slick.

It's too bad there doesn't seem to be a lot of metal flakes around.

Those are good, just need something more stable.

I'm not having a lot of luck finding a distance driver of similar speed/rim width that's more over stable. I tried the trespass but that didn't work.

star wraith is plan b but I was hoping for a speed 12. I've bagged wraiths in the past, so it should work.

how is the DD?

I tried. I'm not a destroyer expert and there's not a great local store around here to check discs. I would love a destroyer but I'm not crazy about online destroyer roulette.