• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

Undertaker

This disc was in my players' pack at BG Ams. My bag is dialed in and I'm not looking to add anything at the moment. If anyone wants one, PM me! :thmbup:

What is the weight of your Undertaker and how much do you want for it? Color?

great looking mold. seamless transition across flightplate. jim spent some time on this one it looks like.

mine are in the star pearl like plastic green nice stamp 172g.

the plastic felt a little slick this morning for some reason. usually this stuff has some tac.

I don't know what to think of this disc yet. such a perfect looking small rimmed driver though.

saint pro/tbird comparisons seem close from the few throws. if your a discraft person I would see this one being the staple fairway driver.

this could be the mold that puts discraft strongly in the seat of superior craftmanship.

In short: Discraft's Teebird

Longer: On a whim I bought this disc before my Sunday afternoon round at Ft. Steilacoom. I expected it to compete against my SOLF. What I found was that it is shorter and fades less. Nonetheless, I was impressed with the disc as a possible replacement for my Eagle. On that afternoon the Undertaker's was much more controllable/predictable for me than the Eagle.

For my 325' power I would say it flew 8 5 0 2 - so like a T3. Your results will differ I am sure, but I expect a 9-speed (like the Escape or Heat) to surprise me with extra distance every now and then. The Undertaker remained solidly in the realm of fairway driver land.

I guess its the the big z slickness that I'm getting use to because I'm not always getting this disc on a flat line. None the less when it does come out of the hand on a bit of an anny angle it is surprisingly long. Don't remember the tbird being this stable but then again I may have been using dx.

It is starting to remind me of the longbowman. But the big z's have some pop top to them!

Last edited:
Which Undertaker will we get? Old school "rest in peace" Undertaker? Dumbass biker with Limp Bizkit "Rollin" for a theme song Undertaker? Dumbass biker with Kid Rock "American Badass" for a theme song Undertaker? Or will we just get "Mean Mark Calaway"? We will have to wait to find out...

As long as we are naming discs after wrestlers, next on the list should be Ultimate Warrior. Or Big Boss Man. Or Akeem the African Dream. Or Faarooq. Or The Shockmaster!
2 disc set, LOD Road Warrior's
Hawk: SS Midrange, reliable and dependable, a must have/go-to.
Animal: OS Super-Ultra-Mega-Extreme Max Distance Driver from Hell.
Or just a Mr. Perfect, (Curt Henning) so all of us could play on the Pro Circuit.

With the longbowman kind a being the slot the undertaker might sit it has been sitting in my other bag.

Well, after putting away my grey tourneys that are melting in the hot sun away for white vip longbowmans, which were working real hard. Until I threw one in the schule. I always carry two of my goto's so one sits on a shelf reminding me to get out and look for its twin.

So my two green big z undertakers came out today. I'm liking this disc more and more!

Has anyone here thrown the Ti Undertaker from Infinite Discs VIP Club? I can't bring myself to throw it, but want to know what I am missing!

I'm assuming a more stable version? Ti is generally more stable than Z, correct?

Ti is not always more stable. I think it is fair to say in most molds it is. The Ti Buzzz was not as stable as I would have thought. The Ledgestone Glo 'takers are a little (maybe 1/2 a point) more stable than the first runs, which are more stable than the test flights. If you want appreciably more stable (SP Tsunami), or slightly more stable with more distance (Z Avenger), there are other options out there. For reference, I am throwing Undertakers 360ish on flat ground, in low or no headwinds. My experience has been that they do not handle more than 5mph headwinds well. They are also difficult to throw (for me) on low ceiling shots. All that being said, they are fantastic discs.

KP

"More stable". - here we go again...
If that wording is going to be an issue, let me rephrase my question in less inflammatory terms.

If anyone here has thrown both the Ti Undertaker and the Z Undertaker, how would you characterize the differences?

And thank you @Muddyboots for your input!

Last edited:
You are quite welcome. And don't concern yourself overly with being less inflammatory, I knew exactly what you meant. Disc vernacular varies widely geographically, and it is not uncommon to refer to a more overstable disc as being more stable, even amongst those who have been playing for 20+ years. I do hope you all have a good Friday and get to play this weekend. I would be keen to hear about your results with the Ti Undertaker, should you decide to throw it.

Pax,

KP

My big Zs are all more domey and higher PLH than my first run Zs. That First run of big Z pre released at bg ams is guaranteed sweetness!

I still haven't seen one in person. Can anyone comment on how they feel in the hand or what they feel similar to?

Looks like a high plh TL but with .1 cm rim wider. Still a full speed slower than a thunderbird. In between a thb and tb in flight. Feels leean and cleean even for fh.

my big z's are pop top, well one really is and the other would fall into the domey category for sure. looks like a tbird, saint pro to me.

Just picked up an Undertaker this weekend. Fun disc, and could easily replace my tee birds with it. Bridges the gap between predator and wasp nicely.

I'm sort of old school on my rims and this one just feels US compared to a Teebird or predator, that both have concave rims.

Latest posts