• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] The WestSide 'King'

As predicted, the King is getting hammered on another site by 'Team Hercules'

It's being compared directly to a vulcan...which even I can flip. So not a very good comparison.

Westside molds have NOTHING to do with Latitude, they're 100% made and designed in Finland.

And if LAT keeps growing, I'm guessing they will not be able to manufacture Westside much longer. Unless they increase capacity.

Supply is < Demand as it is.

The above quote says they are 100% made in Finland..

So are they manufactured by L64 in Sweden or no?

I realize it's their own mold, just wondering where they are actually 'made'.

Thanks

From what I've heard the molds themselves are manufactured in Finland.

Clarification (hopefully) of the recent who, what, where confusion:

The injection molds for Westside's discs are designed and manufactured in Finland. The actual discs are molded by Latitude 64 in Sweden using Westside's custom molds. At the moment, it is assumed that Westside VIP plastic is just Latitude 64 Opto.

Clarification (hopefully) of the recent who, what, where confusion:

The injection molds for Westside's discs are designed and manufactured in Finland. The actual discs are molded by Latitude 64 in Sweden using Westside's custom molds. At the moment, it is assumed that Westside VIP plastic is just Latitude 64 Opto.

This is what I've been hearing mostly.

It doesn't matter to me, I could care less. I'm stoked to try out this royalty soon though!

I own both an Opto Core and a VIP Northman (thanks BCR :)) and the two discs have completely separate feel to me. The VIP feels a lot softer and grippier to me, for lack of better terminology. In fact, to me the Northman feels like my champion Xcal when I get it out of a warm automobile. The northman has become one of my go-to drivers, though

It's opto

Just depends on the run...i have a northman that could slice pizza.

Even my lats have some variation.

I just got my King and threw it for the 1st time today. The thing goes a mile, with a real pretty flight pattern to it. The VIP plastic threw me off a little at 1st because the one I got is real flimsy almost. Whereas my Lat 64s are all firm and very Champion-esque. In comparison to my Havoc, I'd say the King goes just as far, maybe farther, but definitelyt a bit floppier of a disc, but it still remained stable.

I just got my King and threw it for the 1st time today. The thing goes a mile, with a real pretty flight pattern to it. The VIP plastic threw me off a little at 1st because the one I got is real flimsy almost. Whereas my Lat 64s are all firm and very Champion-esque. In comparison to my Havoc, I'd say the King goes just as far, maybe farther, but definitelyt a bit floppier of a disc, but it still remained stable.

What weight did you get?
Because the lighter ones are a bit "floppy"
I wouldn't say flimsy because I have already zapped a few trees with no real damage to any of mine.
And one of my Northmen is the hardest urethane disc I own (LAT/INNOVA/DISCRAFT whoever).
LAT doesn't make alot of light weights so I am wondering if that is part of it (Thinner flight plate = floppier feel)

To me these feel about the same pound for pound as the lats do

I'm pretty sure westside reads the board here.

They addressed all the questions about the plastic/molds etc in the description for the Boatman that they put up recently:

bmanhi.jpg

The stamp on that Boatman is sweet !
I would like to get a clear one and dye portions of it.
Make the inside of the lantern yellow, do the monks robe in a brown color.....

I still have my Northman in the bag after almost 6 months now. Its the glidiest driver I have, and also the one that has hit more metal chains and poles than any other.

For accurate speed ratings on Westside discs, just subtract 2.
This will put thier numbers in parity will everyone else's.
So the King is actually around Wraith speed, my Northman I think would be speed 8.5, and the new Boatman probably around the same.

do the monks robe in a brown color.....
Not a monk, not in any way (especially since the stories in Kalevala are based on old Finnish pagan beliefs). Grim Reaper usually has a robe, is he a monk too? =)

The boatman character is very similar to Charon, the ferryman of Hades.

I'm counting on the King to be fairly easy to turn, even if just a little, al la Havoc. Ordered a King.

I'd LOVE a Tournament Northman - was wondering when they'd start running em in GL.

Got my King in today, 171g and not "floppy" by any means, though the flight plate does feel especially thin and flexible. It also looks identical to some of my favorite Opto runs of late.

yep all mine have that odd "sunken atoll" look in the center...but you won't give a half hoot about it after you throw it.

Latest posts