• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

There Is No Disc

This is not unlike the Nature vs. Nurture argument in the realm of science.

There have been times during my DG career that both the arrow and archer were the cause.

I can also think of many times the right arrow has made me a better archer.

All in all, I'm still trying to hit a bullseye while sneaking past trees and having fun doing it!

This is just like the Matrix, "There is no spoon." Once you finally realize there is no disc, you will throw 800'. The true reality that "There is no disc."

I was hoping someone would get the reference. :thmbup:

Last edited:
I completely agree.
I don't know how many times I've heard someone say "disc x is my favorite" and someone else say "disc x is the worst disc ever made".

It's the same reason everyone hates on the Groove. Hey, it's just a frisbee...fly it like you mean it!!

well look at nikko. he was hot and then he switched to all innova.

i understand he has dealt with injuries but he seems to be off lately.

is it mental or is he having a hard time learning the new discs?

well look at nikko. he was hot and then he switched to all innova.

i understand he has dealt with injuries but he seems to be off lately.

is it mental or is he having a hard time learning the new discs?

Just 1 disc........and IMO one of the few that can affect someone's game significantly

Bring able to throw ANY company while that skilled will give you an advantage.

A lot of Innova players would love to throw the Buzzz and Wizard just as a lot of Discraft players would love to throw the Teebird.

A lot of Innova players would love to throw the Buzzz and Wizard just as a lot of Discraft players would love to throw the Teebird.

my 3 main discs...

I think some of what makes one disc better than another is the ability to replace it with somehting that has the same flight. That is why the Groove is a POS.

This is hilarious coming from you. I've never seen anyone buy more discs from different companies and switch out their entire bag like you. I think since I've known you I've seen you swith from Aviars to Ions and Anodes to Magnets....Innova drivers and fairway drivers to Lat 64 then to Millennium. I never know what the hell you're going to pull out of your bag next. I've seen you go from Buzzes to Fuses to the Vector and Axis back to Buzzes and then back to the Fuse. Then you have the Drone in the bag then Drone goes out and the Zone comes back in then the Drone appears again. :wall::wall:

It good to see you on the site again amigo... you coming to tags tonight if we don't get washed out by this big storm coming our way?

I got it out of my system, lol. Notice I don't even have a stable midrange anymore? Yes, my signature is my bag - I'll occasionally bring the Rampages/Cannons out for field fun, otherwise it's just those 6. Never been happier with so few discs on my back during a round:thmbup:

/goes and checks the MP for the Saint, Quasar, Astra, and any Westside

Haha, um...I still don't have a tag yet...think Jeff will bitch out because of the storm?

I like this thread.

As a golfer I can still play pretty darn well with even my wife's clubs. I likely won't shoot all-time best scores but I can get around the course respectably.

And some people I know, beginners, well it doesn't really matter what they have because they're not hitting the ball solidly anyway.

Equipment becomes more important - in virtually everything - the more skilled the user. Beginning painters don't care much about their brushes, but true artists probably pick out the diet the animal the hairs on their brushes come from. :)

I think the most common thing i see here is floks with a lot of good molds but they dont compliment or round their bag well. Thats why i hate "what is the best ---- disc" threads....it doesnt matter, whats more.important is how its going to fit into your game/bag.
Once you reach a certain skill level you should see that almost every mold flys well and the slight differences are the decision makers for you......hell, almost all discs can fly far but it becomes more about the line you want.