• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This disc is a game changer

I now throw and bag whatever I pick up as player pack or payout discs at tournaments.

Back when I was a young pup, the Elite X XL revolutionized my game. I was the first disc I could throw HARD and it would hyzer flip. Of course, I had no idea what a hyzer flip was, but it changed the game.

The Comet and Stratus were staples in my bag for decades. Both provided an element to my game that was never in the bag.

I now throw and bag whatever I pick up as player pack or payout discs at tournaments.

Back when I was a young pup, the Elite X XL revolutionized my game. I was the first disc I could throw HARD and it would hyzer flip. Of course, I had no idea what a hyzer flip was, but it changed the game.

The Comet and Stratus were staples in my bag for decades. Both provided an element to my game that was never in the bag.

Check that out! That discs goes around trees and carries a long ways. I like it!

:D:D:D

IMO there's no magic or maybe even unique discs but there's a few types of discs that really helped my game when I started throwing them.

Overstable Driver: For me it was a Firebird and it's made the biggest impact in my game of all the discs I bag. Super accurate and predictable in all conditions.

Overstable Putter/Approach: Could be a putter or a mid, for me it was a Pig. I now bag a Zone instead. In the same vain as the Firebird; accurate and reliable.

Discs with turn: Basically I threw only straight or overstable discs in the beginning (without realizing it) and when I picked up a disc that turned for me a new world opened up. For me that disc was an Escape.

IMO there's no magic or maybe even unique discs but there's a few types of discs that really helped my game when I started throwing them.

Overstable Driver: For me it was a Firebird and it's made the biggest impact in my game of all the discs I bag. Super accurate and predictable in all conditions.

Overstable Putter/Approach: Could be a putter or a mid, for me it was a Pig. I now bag a Zone instead. In the same vain as the Firebird; accurate and reliable.

Discs with turn: Basically I threw only straight or overstable discs in the beginning (without realizing it) and when I picked up a disc that turned for me a new world opened up. For me that disc was an Escape.

I've been intending to revisit the escape.

Playing putter only rounds and discovering that i could throw them far if i just got the hight..big game changer for me

I used to bag 25 discs. . now i have 3pc throwing putters, , two fairways and a driver when i need to skip. ( and two utility discs)

So to find those three perfect driving putters was the game changer for me. . .

The 2 discs that were truly game changers for me (circa 1995) were the Panther and the Cyclone. The Panther was the first disc I had that I could actually throw after first buying a bunch of heavy OS stuff that set me back months. The Cyclone was the first disc I could throw for any distance and still have some semblance of control.

Discs I love most currently are the M4 and the A3.

I've got a 150 g DX wraith I'm really liking.

It's not a wind fighter, but I can get it to flip to flat and pull the full s-curve and that's really cool to see.

Latest posts