• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This is going to be a little touchy

I've played with one guy missing their index finger who could rip a disc. Don't remember the exact grip, but I know it can be overcome.

LOL!! That's gonna be very intersting. I can tell you that you can't pussiefoot around it. You can only address the fact that he has a stub and have him throw just like he throws with little instruction. Then afterward, advise him where to put his...um....finger on the disc based on how he threw. Who knows, his stub might not be a hinderance.

Shouldn't be a biggie...

I lost my left index a few years ago and actually this is one sport where I never notice it (I am a lefty).

Sucks for bowling...sucks for tennis...doesn't seem to bother me in disc golf.

We just started playing again a couple weeks ago.

I can't believe this is my first post...sheesh.

I would let that person feel for the right grip on their own. I love when I get advice, but sometimes it ruins my round if I keep hearing multiple things I'm doing wrong.

Make it more about fun. Go to a course you imagine where your friend would have an easy, fun time.

They will be hooked in no time.

Latest posts