• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This would only happen to me..

I read the OP as saying he was applauded, as if he found his disc in the basket, after it skipped off the roof, no wonder the first two pictures didn't make sense. Now I'm a little bit disappointed that his companions weren't giving him a round of applause for a great, lucky, freaky shot.

I still don't understand why he was appalled in the first place. Because his disc got stuck on the roof and got a scratch? Now I'm not trying to be an ass, but that's happened to just about anyone who's been playing for a while (or maybe just me :\).

However, if his disc went IN the bathroom through an open door or window and landed in the pit toilet (or whatever they're called), that would be downright horrible.

Last edited:
I don't believe there are any situations where an apostrophe is required for plurals, but there are situations where it isn't wrong. That said, I don't think this was one of those :D

I can't think of any situation where an apostrophe is acceptable for plurals, but I'll be happy to be corrected.:)

You guys are kidding, right!? Citizens' [all of 'em] rights. Flocks' [more than one group] flight paths. Disc golfers' [more than one] bad grammar.
If you're hung over and can't think, that's OK. But, geez, you're proving your English teacher spot on.

Last edited:
However, if his disc went IN the bathroom through an open door or window and landed in the pit toilet (or whatever they're called), that would be downright horrible.

THats what i thought must have happened when he said he was appalled.

You guys are kidding, right!? Citizens' [all of 'em] rights. Flocks' [more than one group] flight paths. Disc golfers' [more than one] bad grammar.
If you're hung over and can't think, that's OK. But, geez, you're proving your English teacher spot on.

Those are all situations denoting ownership. The apostrophe isn't being used to make a pluralization of a word, only to denote ownership to multiple people. The entire point of the statements you've quoted is that people tend to misuse the apostrophe to pluralize words in cases where denoting ownership isn't the intent.

Those are all situations denoting ownership. The apostrophe isn't being used to make a pluralization of a word, only to denote ownership to multiple people. The entire point of the statements you've quoted is that people tend to misuse the apostrophe to pluralize words in cases where denoting ownership isn't the intent.

This is 100% correct and well stated. I could state it a little differently, but not any better.Ohtobediscing, you should always make sure you are correct before you correct someone else, especially in a somewhat snarky manner.:)

I can't think of any situation where an apostrophe is acceptable for plurals, but I'll be happy to be corrected.:)

there isn't one. it's more commonly misused when people say things like 90's than in things like typo's.

but in less the next word in the sentence refers to something owned by a typo or the number 90, they're equally wrong.

there isn't one. it's more commonly misused when
but in less the next word in the sentence refers to something owned by a typo or the number 90, they're equally wrong.

Since we've completely gone off the rails here, I think you meant "unless". :p

I'm not a grammar Nazi and I make plenty of typo's myself, but it's appalled.

I was sitting here wondering what "appauled" would mean, and I decided it means "to be like Paul" and since I'm on DGCR it made me think of tallpaul so right now I'm wearing a tin foil hat listening to the Grateful Dead.

Typos can hurt people, man. :|

There being no "like" button here, I was thinking of reporting this...as awesomely funny! :hfive:

Left to Right wind... 360'... Star Eagle??

Seems to me you should have been throwing something far more stable and there would be no flipping the underside of the disc to the wind.

Latest posts