• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Thoughts on the name of the 2014 Ace Race Disc

Well, we have a pretty late scheduled Ace Race today, so I'm off to throw some Heat! :D

I think that some people need to learn how to finesse a disc. It's not just about power.

I think that some people need to learn how to finesse a disc. It's not just about power.

I can 'finesse' this one out to around 375 or so, but the point is the name doesn't fit. Should have called it the Flip, because it's a Hyzerflip machine.

the flip would have been a good name as it seems to be the inverse of the flick. really like the mold.

Bipolar.

Some of mine are beefy teebirds...some are like roadrunners. The one's that are more RR like are actually decent discs.

I throw star sidewinders as my primary driver and these feel JUST like them. I got some fairly flexy/gummy ones (most were very hard) that feel just like my star sidewinders in hand. During yesterday's Ace Race I didn't get to really try them (short holes + high winds) on normal shots but I did today. They fly EXACTLY like my seasoned star sidewinders. I have a feeling when these season they'll be REALLY flippy and the roadrunner comparisons will be spot on.

The bad news is - even though I like them I have this shot covered. I definitely don't need even more flippy...

The good news is - if I lost both my star SWs today - I could drop these in today and not miss a beat while I beat in a new SW.

I like RR's and Sidewinders so I liked this disc, but it was so glidey that it could lift and hyzer out like crazy or flip over and roller. It has a micro bead on the bottom, feels comfy, but its fast....like faster than most discs that size (i think) and Heat is a good name. It's always moving, a good shaping disc. Decent for a newer player....so...its not a bad disc. But if it counted would I throw a Roadrunner or the Heat? Roadrunner for sure...more control, slightly slower, but more predictable.

Underrated disc. Like I overheard MJ say, it does fly kind of like a Comet.

I finally picked up a Heat today. This disc is a noodle arms dream. For me its easy to control and I was getting great distance out of it today. Going to keep working with it but so far love the results. I was wondering mine is a first run is that the only run currently available? Just curious if there is much of a difference from run to run.

Latest posts