• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ace Race 2014 disc vs. Heat

jbrian24

Bogey Member
I played in the Discraft Ace Race this year and got the two discs. I really like them and use them pretty often. I was wondering if anyone out there had bought the PDGA approved version, Heat, since Discraft released it. If so how the Heat fly in comparison to the Ace Race discs. I have heard in years past that the approved discs did not fly similar to the Ace Race discs.

that there is a good question. When discraft released the production mantis last year, they did state that the mold was modified. I don't think they mentioned anything like that about the heat, so it's probably unchanged.

Usually the production versions are better IE Glide and Meteor

I hope the production versions are identical. The AR disc is a glidey monster...love it so far.

More tempermental. More high speed turn and more fade. They would hyzerflip and fly straight sometimes and then flip over the next. The production one seems to have a smoother transition into the turn, and do not come out quite as abruptly.

I like the Ace Race, and it seems that Discraft uses it as a beta test of the prototype, then tweaks the mold based on the feedback.

Very smart.

Latest posts