• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thrift Store DG finds.

lokirising

Banned
I found a brand new DX Archangel 155 for .99 at the Goodwill yesterday. Anyone else find discs or DG equipment at their local thrift store?

Is your archangel purple by any chance? Someone in the "Market Place" is looking for one. Apparently his friend gave it to him as a gift and he just lost it.

I never thought of checking Thrift Stores. I will have to keep my eye out. We have a local thrift store, that gets donations from a well to do neighborhood. I will have to check that place out more often. Last time I was there, they has some really nice stuff.

My wife found a Wham-O mini basket at a Goodwill.

My wife and kids went thrift shopping last weekend. They hit up a place downtown and found a couple of premium discs (Fastback advertiser types). The diamond was they saw a couple of kids snowboards. When I went to price them, the lady said, "$5 each." One was brand new with no scratches on the base, only a girl's name written on the bindings. SCORE!:clap:

I havn't been in a Goodwill for over 20 years, but it sounds like I need to make a trip. I know near downtown Houston, they have a huge Goodwill.

I found it sticking out of a pile of stuffed animals in the toy aisle. I was walking by and saw it lying upside down. It looked like a golf disc so I grabbed it, and lo and behold, it was.

It is amazing what people give away. I'll have to start looking, I just hope I don't run into another situation like the guy up in Canada who had his stuff stolen that then ended up in a thrift store, where someone bought it and put it up on Ebay, with his PDGA Mini with PDGA # on it. By the way, good work DGCR on that one and helping the guy get his discs back.

Not Disc golf, but I got an OLD still sealed in the package Innova Ultimate disc for a dollar.

if not a Play It Again thrift stores are where to find diamond in the roughs for sure

I wonder if DI up there has any. I'll have to check out the big one down on 45th the next time I'm up that way.

I'm just now starting to see stuff on craigslist this last few weeks. Before that it was barren as far as disc golf was concerned ..

Is your archangel purple by any chance? Someone in the "Market Place" is looking for one. Apparently his friend gave it to him as a gift and he just lost it.

Yeah that guy contacted me I cannot believe that he thinks he can find the exact color archangel (an already rarely used disc) and replace it so t doesnt look lost. I dont know but it sounds fishy to me!

It is amazing what people give away. I'll have to start looking, I just hope I don't run into another situation like the guy up in Canada who had his stuff stolen that then ended up in a thrift store, where someone bought it and put it up on Ebay, with his PDGA Mini with PDGA # on it. By the way, good work DGCR on that one and helping the guy get his discs back.

so thats the end of that story? I hadnt heard that it was someone who bought it at a thrift store. I thought the guy who was selling it had stolen it!

WHy woiuld you steal something to sell it to a thrift store, you are getting pennies on the dollar for that stuff?

been keeping an eye out. There is a huge Goodwill near Roscoe Ewing Park in Medina, Ohio that I keep meaning to check out.

Not a disc, but my son found a nice electronic scorekeeper at St. Vincent's a while back.

Latest posts