• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thrift Store DG finds.

I bought a few new pre flight # pro wraiths and destroyers at pias last year for 3.99 a disc. Sadly , I can no longer handle speed 11 or 12 disc.

Friend brought over a stack of 10 discs he bought at a yard sale. Top disc had a piece of masking tape that said "50 cents each". Bottom 9 discs were run of the mill DX discs. Top disc....with the tape......a 9X Aviar. That's the one I got!!!

If anyone in the area is on here, the newport news goodwills almost always have a few discs. The local club dredges some of the area lakes for discs and donates them when they dont find owners.

Best score I've had was at a PIAS for a crazy pearly PFN pink wraith (used $8). Also a toy store near my house decided to discontinue selling discs and were selling everything buy one get one. Picked up a couple *DS, a proto star mako3, swirly roc3, and a couple bar stamp DX discs for under $50. Paid for the purchase with the roc3 and mako3 alone!

Last edited:
Found a Lightning rubber putter #1 at a goodwill bins. Bins are like where all the goodwill store reject stuff goes. The warehouse is filled with these huge bins of junk. You buy stuff by the pound, so I think I paid 25cents or something for it. I'm always hunting at goodwill for deals, but that's the only disc I've seen.

Never found any discs at any of the 30+ thrift stores in my area but was able to piece a complete set of ball golf clubs for under $50, this includes the clubs, bag, balls, covers for drivers and extra clubs. At my local Walmart, I found a Yellow DX 171g Archangel for $8.29, which was a little shocking.