• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw with your dad?

I got my brother and father into it somewhat recently. I really enjoy playing rounds with them. They don't take it seriously and always have a good time just spending time together. My dad sunk his first birdie and was going crazy.

My dad has tried it, my sister has as well. She's on a softball Scholarship so she really only has time to play during the summer. My son is 2, and I think he's more addicted than I am. Give him the choice of watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or going to putt in the yard, he'll choose dg every time. I hate that its this hot outside right now, because he doesnt get to make it out to the course as much as we used to.

Be kind of hard to throw discs with my dad, the rigamortis might be an issue in his form when throwing. :\

my three brothers and i disc and my dad use to play in the 80s for a short time. its a blast when we all get together and play a few rounds. hell even my step dad goes out on the course with us, its great father son bonding

Both my Brother and my dad play a few times a year, usually only after I beg them to go for a few weeks. My little sister has played a handful of times, but only is really interested when her friends are playing.

A cousin of mine is a pretty competitive Ultimate player who likes to come out on occasion; he has the same issues as all Ultimate players but I think he does it mostly to humor me.

Spring Valley in Spring TX, has 9 holes that play on a little 9 hole ball golf course. The one time I played it, I was sandwiched between two groups of ball golfers. My dad loves him some ball golf, and I can't wait to play around while he hits golf balls and I throw frisbees.

Question: How many people play disc golf in your family?

My brother will play if we are on vacation and there is a course that is 5 miles from where we are. that's it.

My 2 1/2 year old niece loves to throw minis though. She is almost able to throw a disc.