• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw with your dad?

I'm blessed to be able to play once and sometimes twice a week with my dad.

My two younger brothers also play along with my four year old son.

haha, as soon as I read this thread I thought, "That's gotta be Montana and Chuck at Century Park". They're both good friends of mine and I'm envious that Montana has his Dad who enjoys what he enjoys. My dad has thrown some in a field, but won't go out on the course. My wife and I play all the time and play tournaments together. She's gotten pretty good. My 16 year old brother plays with me a good bit and has his own bag/discs.

I played my first round on a 9 hole course with my brother and sister-in-law, and my addiction began there. Since then, I have introduced my sons, nephew, wife, two sisters-in-law, one of their husbands, and several other friends of the family to disc golf.

My son plays with me regularly. (he's 14) He's competed in several tournaments and really enjoys playing. My wife will play occasionally. But is very casual. She is looking forward to the disc chic challenge girls only tournament in September. My older daughter has bursitis in her hip and can only manage about 9 holes before her hip is killing her. My younger daughter has no use for DG whatsoever. But she will come out to the course sometimes and take pics while I play.

Sad to see him go

Just played one of my last rounds with my 20 year old son tonight for I don't know how long :(

Thurs. He is heading out for a 2,167 mile trip to Coos Bay, OR. for College.

We only had time for a 9 hole course close to the house. 6 down for 9 holes is the best I've ever shot there. Pared 1, 2 & 3 while loosening up and deuced 4 - 9...

He plays but does not share my passion for the sport. It's a shame because he has that lanky build that lets him excel at the game...

I try to play with my dad 2 or 3 times a month. I got him into it about 5 months ago. He only plays with me. We have a good time.

My wife is my ususal playing partner. And I got my 24 yr old son playing. They are both casual players though. Now that my daughter is back from college I'm hoping too get her hooked. And I plan on getting my dad out to the course soon to see if I can hook him also.

My Son is 28 now, with both of us working ECT we rarley get to play each other. Our family is still not sure what we do.

I took my dad out my last trip home. ( he lives in Tampa 61yo, i live in Vegas now 36 yo). His first time playing. Stopped by Clearwater and picked him up a lightweight beast. The rest of the time he played out of my bag. He had a great time. A few weeks later i got a call from him. He got himself a starter set. He also reached out to a few of my friends still in the Tampa area to set up some dates to throw. Since then the Beast has found the bottom of the water, Cliff Stephens isn't very noob friendly. About to make a trip back next month. Can't wait.

I've played a few rounds with my dad! He usually doesn't have a choice when I just tell him lets go for a cruise and end up at the course and be like "you wanna throw a round" like he has a choice. It awesome being able to throw some plastic together and awesome to see when he gets lucky and hits a huge putt or throw in.

I play with my dad all the time.. Then I got my 9 year old cousin in the game. Sadly that's it but at least I have a few people in the family that I can talk to about disc golf with.

My wife is a boss at putting and only likes courses where the holes are less than 200 ft. Dad and brothers play very casually.

I took my dad out my last trip home. ( he lives in Tampa 61yo, i live in Vegas now 36 yo). His first time playing. Stopped by Clearwater and picked him up a lightweight beast. The rest of the time he played out of my bag. He had a great time. A few weeks later i got a call from him. He got himself a starter set. He also reached out to a few of my friends still in the Tampa area to set up some dates to throw. Since then the Beast has found the bottom of the water, Cliff Stephens isn't very noob friendly. About to make a trip back next month. Can't wait.

Youth Park down in Piniellas Park was a great little course for helping me get four co-workers hooked when I was working down in Tampa most of last year. Not a huge challenge for anyone who's been playing long, but it's great for beginners and generally easy enough to avoid the water. Can get in a full 18 in less than an hour so it's a good after-work spot as long as daylight savings time is in effect.

After a few weeks of hitting Youth Park regularly, we moved to Northeast Coachman for our once-or-twice-a-week rounds; a bit more of a challenge with quite a few more trees and a bit more distance, and what water there is in the ditch/creek around the perimeter is usually low enough and clear enough that discs that go in usually come back out without too much trouble. And it has the additional draw of being really close to Clearwater Disc Golf.

We also hit Limona in Brandon a few times, which is another fun little course that has a bit more elevation change than most other Florida courses, and where we could get a full round in after work before it got dark.

Our crew never quite got to the point where I was comfortable taking them out to Cliff Stephens. But I know at least three of the four of them are still playing regularly (one called me last night from Anchorage, AK to help him find a course there, then messaged me today to say that he'd loved Kincaid Park -- had to skip hole 9 though because a moose in the middle of the fairway wouldn't move).

Last edited:
Just my bro and I. I really want my dad to play since he keeps talking about needing to lose weight.

Even though I've not been playing that long I bring my 8 year old Daughter and 16 year old Son with me most times...

I'm sure my daughter just does it to hang out with her Dad and Bro but I'm pretty sure my Son actually likes it, he's only been a few times but damn he's good already...

I just love the fact that we get out together as a family and not to mention exercise yes exercise, our home course is like hiking the Grand Canyon...

Now all I need to do is get my Wife out but o far she has absolutely zero interest...

Latest posts