• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

I got my G-Star Thundy in yesterday. I hope to give it a go this Sunday if the weather is willing, we are supposed to have some rainy weather for the next few days :thmbdown:.

I will report back soon.

Weekend was a washout here...:thmbdown:...to no throw!

The tooling is indented. I got few RHFH throws with the tooled TH and at 300ft it had a little turn and finished in a straight line. IMO the firmer non tooled has a tad more stability and fade.

These are going to break in fast, still very grippy but pretty soft.

I should have looked at the rest of the stack to see if thunderbird is tooled into the mold or stamped into the disc after molding.

I have one of the new batch on the way; hopefully it will be here before the weekend. I'm interested to see how it compares to the old batch!

Just put my 3x Champion Thunderbird back in my bag. My home course switched basket locations, and the Thunderbird will be perfect for a couple of holes. Looking forward to seeing how it goes with the Thunderbird (again)...

Glad I heard about the DX change before the online stock dried up. I've got enough now to last a few years hopefully.

We may have lost the stiff dx Thunderbirds but if any of you throw dx Starfires the current batch is really stiff. Stiffer than the old dx Thunderbirds.

I just got one of the new white 175g DX ThBs in the mail.
It is definitely softer but every bit as grippy as the first run. It's better than I was expecting.
There is a little more dome as well... just a small, moderate dome.
After work I will get some field practice and record any observations.

I just got one of the new white 175g DX ThBs in the mail.
It is definitely softer but every bit as grippy as the first run. It's better than I was expecting.
There is a little more dome as well... just a small, moderate dome.
After work I will get some field practice and record any observations.
Yikes...glad I've got my stockpile of flat DX's. I wouldn't change a thing about how they fly. I've got a Gstar that looks and flies identical to the DX's too.

Just ordered a champ to try out.

Yikes...glad I've got my stockpile of flat DX's. ...Just ordered a champ to try out.
I love my Champs. They are my favorite overall. DX is a very close second.
Just a heads-up... my local retailer has several ThBs and the ones under 172g had big bubbles in the rim. Years ago they would have been X-outs. Now they are RPO. I guess QC is getting less stringent.

The 175s did not have noticeable bubbles.

I only got a few throws in before it got dark.
Here's my knee-jerk reaction to what I saw tonight:
The new DX run is the perfect water/hazardous area disc.
It flies like my sweetest broken in Champ right out of the box, no need to break it in. This means you can use a brand new cheap DX disc instead of possibly losing your favorite slightly broken in Champ. But honestly they are interchangeable as far as flight. This means the new run is less overstable compared to the old stiff run.

New run: The PLH is slightly lower and the dome is ever so slightly taller. She's still got that great grip but it she's definitely softer. All in all not bad. She won't cycle as well as the first run because the older run starts out more overstable but the cycle-ability is definitely still here. The new run is consistently 15' longer for me.
16507847_1383324248406312_693945293800054682_n.jpg

I have experienced new found love for my beefy Champ Thundy,

Great for FHS and hyzer lines/skips / windy day dependable fade

don't know how I've played without it for a year :)

Recently bought a DXFirebird and one tree strike 125' out folded it like a soft taco. Way different DX Plastic than my roc 3 or Dxstarfire. I have put the brakes on buying a thunderbird for that reason

Just a heads-up... my local retailer has several ThBs and the ones under 172g had big bubbles in the rim. Years ago they would have been X-outs. Now they are RPO. I guess QC is getting less stringent.

Argh... Thats happening a LOT lately.

Quick question, are 3x ThBs sought after?
I have one that I haven't thrown since I originally got it and wondering if I should sell or toss.