• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Lately the Champs have been pretty beefy, the couple of stars I've bought in the last few months have been what I know Thunderbirds to be. But in a month, Innova, could make the pro's supremely overstable... Who knows.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I picked up a 170 Champion and it was every bit as OS as my Firebirds. It has a crazy amount of dome and looks nothing like my 10 other Champ Thunderbirds.

Got our stack of Halos in yesterday. Very impressed by the look of the plastic and the texture of the star plastic but they are too stiff for my likings. Flight is on the more overstable side for thunderbirds.

Is there a run of Champion or Luster Thunderbird that has more glide than the rest? PD thrower here, but would be willing to switch if I found a Thunderbird that was straighter and would push out farther than my old SPDs.

Is there a run of Champion or Luster Thunderbird that has more glide than the rest? PD thrower here, but would be willing to switch if I found a Thunderbird that was straighter and would push out farther than my old SPDs.

There aren't any on infinite now, but I picked up a color glow champ a few months ago that is glidier and mellower than my star or gstar.

Also there are some gorgeous star thundies on infinite rn....I don't need another one but dang....

This is a 168-170 Star Thunderbird shot for me. Flip to flat and push forward and hold straight while still having a fade at the end.

I picked up a 170 Champion and it was every bit as OS as my Firebirds. It has a crazy amount of dome and looks nothing like my 10 other Champ Thunderbirds.

I have a 175 Champ Thundy, and it is just as overstable as my firebirds. Absolute meathook.

Anyone any idea about the 2020 Big Jerm Thundys? Was supply restricted due to the pandemic or was there a lack of demand or change in marketing strategy?

The 4x champ thunderbirds I have (flattish with a nice shoulder) had a pretty good bite to start out with but are working into the straightest things in my bag. Bought in 2016.

Here's McBeth throwing one 480' on a rope:
https://youtu.be/NsttF9V8p7Q?t=1574

Any idea how many were in the run?

I think I saw them up on the Innova Pro Shop website a few times. Late summer/ early fall I guess. Something like 400-500 each time they were put up on the site, perhaps more. I was able to get a handful of them in Sept.

i am trying to like the thunderbird..i got a champ and it is straight to fade...holds in the wind but i am not sure what to do with it...i throw a tee bird similar or farther...and can throw a destroyer a lot farther...its ok on fh...but can also throw alot of discs furthrr or just as accurate...I want to like it....but dont really

i am trying to like the thunderbird..i got a champ and it is straight to fade...holds in the wind but i am not sure what to do with it...i throw a tee bird similar or farther...and can throw a destroyer a lot farther...its ok on fh...but can also throw alot of discs furthrr or just as accurate...I want to like it....but dont really

That's quite a dilemma.

I just treat my thunderbird as a teebird that fights headwind better, or one that skips a little further. It's not supposed to go as far as a destroyer, but it's also more overstable than a destroyer. It's the definition of straight to fade dependability when you don't need distance driver distance.

Latest posts