• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tiger Woods 10 - Disc Golf....yes this is real

TEX said:
I think the one created by one of our fellow forum discer is way better than this and I still only have the demo. Planning to get it when funds are available.

I am pretty sure the demo is where my computer got this one really nasty virus that was a pain in the ass to get rid of. Not sure it's entirely gone either.

Ok, so I misunderstood. Playing golf with a disc is an option on a Tiger Woods ball golf game. (I was on the phone and trying to play guitar earlier, so my attention was kinda divided) That's why it looks so much like regular golf.

But still, :twisted:

Awesome! this will be such good exposure for DG, maybe the best we have ever had. looks like it may be mildly fun too

yeah but people are gonna go out on the course and wonder why they cant bomb a driver 150 yards. should pull that down to 100 yards imo

koyok23 said:
yeah but people are gonna go out on the course and wonder why they cant bomb a driver 150 yards. should pull that down to 100 yards imo

Perhaps, but do people really think they can bomb like they can in ball golf in that game (300 - 400 yds) when they go out to the course? I think they have it set to 150 yds because that is roughly what the pros can do. Similarly to how you can hit so far in the game in ball golf just as far as the pro golfers. Just my opinion on it.

inacmind7 said:
koyok23 said:

Perhaps, but do people really think they can bomb like they can in ball golf in that game (300 - 400 yds) when they go out to the course? I think they have it set to 150 yds because that is roughly what the pros can do. Similarly to how you can hit so far in the game in ball golf just as far as the pro golfers. Just my opinion on it.
agreed, when you play a regular tiger woods golf game you can crush the ball as far or farther than the pros, i think giving folks a 450 foot drive is just perfect

well as far as realism goes i agree that it's fair to allow for 450 ft bombs......and the people that do try this out in real life probably won't know the difference until they wind up talking to one of us on the course....

i agree with frank_delicious that unless the controls are better than previous tiger woods wii titles it won't get much play (the previous ones are abominations)

i'm scared that if this is worth a huck it may ruin my form.....

jsun3thousand said:
If you can make 15 shirtless drunk digital buddies to follow you around or a fat girlfriend then I am all behind this game. The less all stars clogging up the course the better.

lolz brutal

some of the response on this thread show a real lack of awareness.

You've got to realize the following:

1. Disc golf is in a TIGER WOODS VIDEO GAME!!!! This is fantastic for our sport REGARDLESS of how unrealistic the game might be

2. Disc golf being included in a TIGER WOODS VIDEO GAME might actually lead to EA Sports producing a stand alone video game with ACTUAL pros involved, and that will be much more realistic. And those pros might actually be able to make some REAL money by selling their likenesses.

3. EA Sports is EXACTLY the type of big sponsor the PDGA should have been courting for the last 10 years. Our target demographic is primarly made up of men from ages 16 to 40, who have grown up playing video games, but also enjoy actual sports ... of which disc golf definitely is.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes the opinions expressed on this forum can be ridiculous without any recognition of the bigger picture.

koyok23 said:

After I play Madden Football I don't expect to go out on the field and run like Reggie Bush or catch balls like Larry Fitzgerald. Part of the overall appeal of video games is that they let you live larger than life....I'll bet you just don't want your non-DG friends to play this game and think that your driving distance is weak :mrgreen:.

Craig Smolin said:

1. Disc golf is in a TIGER WOODS VIDEO GAME!!!! This is fantastic for our sport REGARDLESS of how unrealistic the game might be

2. Disc golf being included in a TIGER WOODS VIDEO GAME might actually lead to EA Sports producing a stand alone video game with ACTUAL pros involved, and that will be much more realistic. And those pros might actually be able to make some REAL money by selling their likenesses.

3. EA Sports is EXACTLY the type of big sponsor the PDGA should have been courting for the last 10 years. Our target demographic is primarly made up of men from ages 16 to 40, who have grown up playing video games, but also enjoy actual sports ... of which disc golf definitely is.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes the opinions expressed on this forum can be ridiculous without any recognition of the bigger picture.

agreed

It's nice to see that DG is getting some exposure, especially from a company like EA. When you factor in that more "causal" gamers play the Wii then you might potentially have more people see what disc golf is all about.

inacmind7 said:
koyok23 said:

people know they can't do that. why? because golf has been mainstream for so long. people know pro's hit that far. disc golf will be new to a majority of the people playing the Tiger Woods Wii game. most of my friends give me a hard time because they think throwing a Frisbee is easy. Then i take them to the course and show them how wrong they are. People have a preconceived notion imo that throwing a Frisbee is easy when in fact it is the most difficult thing I have ever tried to master.

don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic to see this in a big time video game. It could be amazing for the game, and I can't wait for it to explode.

This is a big step for disc golf to get it's own game on a system. If enough people talk positively about the disc golf mini-game, I can see EA going forward with a full title like many of us have dreamed (Ken Climo '11). Credit also has to go to Nintendo for bringing out the motion-plus accessory because that makes disc golf extremely more realistic. Looks like I'll need to buy a Wii again...

Craig Smolin said:

Agreed X2
I remember in the 90's when Tony Hawks Pro Skater came out. It created such a huge increase in the amount of people that skateboarded. Before Tony Hawks game it was still kinda underground, and did not get much recognition. Then all of a sudden thousands of young kids were skating, our skate parks were packed and our sport was a main stream sport,
of course the X-Games helped with this, but that video game really helped that sport become as popular as it did.

So whether its realistic or not, advertisement is advertisement.

wow, this is huge!

I hope EA has some way to track how popular the disc golf mini game will be. What's the best way to flood EASports with emails showing overwhelming support for this? If the mini game is popular enough, and they put out a DG-only mainstream game, the attention to detail will increase exponentially.

Shayne and his crew had better get moving with the PDGA Presents game, or EA will swallow their project whole!

i have a feeling disc golf for the wii will cause many injuries.

as for the game im sure it will attract some new players.
i think this is the biggest disc golf media buzz there has been since george said " i've always wanted to learn frolf" in sienfield haha

"let go of the trigger to release the disc"

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I've already had someone throw a Wiimote into my window, and that was just Wii Tennis.

Agree with Craig Smolin though, it's huge to have disc golf in an EA game, even if it is only a minigame. From that perspective, I don't care what's in the game as long as it's fun and it intrigues people. Seeing that basket show up on the screen was...well, it was a special moment.

Latest posts