• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tiger Woods Wii hits stores tomorrow

This game looks incredible! The only thing that's missing are name brand discs, from what i've seen they just have standard driver, midrange, and putter. I was just talking to my brother about the possibility of a DG game on Wii and how awesome it could be. I have very high hopes for this one!

Does it use the games golf courses or is there just one special one>?

I was wondering this as well. Does it have DG type courses, trees and water hazards, or does it just use the ball golf courses? This is a huge deal for me. Have to know before I buy it.

It uses the ball golf courses with different tees. They also promote the DG aspect of the game on the box with a screenshot and a little blurb. Nice!

Yes, they use the regular ball golf courses...additionally, landing in a sand trap will net you a +1 penalty, so watch those skips down the narrow fairways guarded on either side!

In related news, I've read about some real-life ball golf courses that are installing disc golf baskets to allow disc golfers to play essentially the same course...with similar tees, and the baskets typically located just off the green in some surrounding woods so they don't interfere with the "real" golfers...I think Florida has some courses like this if I recall correctly, but it should be getting more popular, especially when course owners realize that DGers will gladly pay to play if it's worth it (and I'd imagine playing a Par 5 on a ball golf course would be quite a challenge!).

It uses the ball golf courses with different tees. They also promote the DG aspect of the game on the box with a screenshot and a little blurb. Nice!

Thanks. To me that's too bad, it's cool that a game that popular is helping push DG, but I will wait for a game with different courses that reflect DG. It does sound like a great step up from the Beach game version though.

Maybe if enough of us buy it and tell EA that we don't even play the golf part they will make a full out one.

It wouldn't be hard if they already have done the physics work.

Just add Innova discs and call it Ken Climo's PDGA tour 10.

Just got it

I just picked it up with wii motion plus, its absolutely amazing! Good for a windy or rainy day!

Thanks. To me that's too bad, it's cool that a game that popular is helping push DG, but I will wait for a game with different courses that reflect DG. It does sound like a great step up from the Beach game version though.
You might be waiting for quite a while :(

So I just played a round of 18 and I have to say I like it. Disc golf is right there on the main menu when you load up the game which is cool as well. The disc physics could be better but overall it's responsive and quite fun. Definitely something to scratch that disc golf itch come winter time for people that don't like playing in the snow.

Do you have to buy the motion adaptor thingy, or is it already in the Wii controller? I'll have to wait to get this one, but as soon as I've got the money, it's mine.

You have to buy it.. you can get it bundled with the game for a total of around $60. The ball golf part of it isn't bad either ;)

I love the TW series. Can't wait to try it on Wii. My wife works at Toys-R-Us so I get a little discount. Problem is they now have a DGA basket that I would like for practice. Have to decide which one to get first. Probably the game.

You might be waiting for quite a while :(

Yeah, you're probably right. I just don't want to pay a bunch of money to throw discs on the same open fairways time and time again. I hope for a game with differing terrains that resemble true DG courses.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just don't want to pay a bunch of money to throw discs on the same open fairways time and time again. I hope for a game with differing terrains that resemble true DG courses.

maybe we will be lucky at that will come out with the wii 2 with thw wii sports 2;)

When I get back to the country I plan on picking it up. It seems to be worth it.

Latest posts