• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Timg and others that could help: We Want Patches...

WillACarpenter

* Ace Member *
The "stolen bag on eBay" thread has brought up some GREAT topics! One that makes a lot of sense seems to be that people want their own DGCR numbered patches.

I don't know where you could get these without having to get either DGCR patches with a "blank spot" to have them embroidered on your own time...or have to special order them one at a time from some third party dealer for a TON of money.

But maybe somebody here has some connections? Or an embroidery stitching sewing machine?

I just ordered a FADE Tourney bag and I want to put my info ALL OVER that thing. I want my DGCR # and my GRDGC # and if I get a PDGA # I want that on my bag too...

In fact I should just put a list of "personal stats" on the back:

Name: Will A. Carpenter
Phone #: 585 xxx xxxx
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 315lbs
Hobbies: Disc Golf and POWER LIFTING
Temperament: Calm funny guy, turns into the hulk when you F*** with those he cares about, and these discs are part of his family.
Shoe Size: 14-15 wide, big enough to tear your arse right in half.

\/\/

Name: Will A. Carpenter
Phone #: 585 xxx xxxx
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 315lbs
Hobbies: Disc Golf and POWER LIFTING
Temperament: Calm funny guy, turns into the hulk when you F*** with those he cares about, and these discs are part of his family.
Shoe Size: 14-15 wide, big enough to tear your arse right in half.

\/\/

ROFL!!! My favorite part is the turning into the Hulk bit. Funny stuff.

A patch would be cool because it would be more permanent then a bag tag

I think with the tags that are offered, a patch is overkill. I like the idea, but Timg doesn't need anymore overhead.

I think with the tags that are offered, a patch is overkill. I like the idea, but Timg doesn't need anymore overhead.

Yep. I think you're right on the money there. Timg has enough on his plate. However, for those enterprising individuals that are suggesting the idea, do some investigating to see what the possibilities are for that idea.

Ask not what DGCR can do for you, but what you can do for the DGCR community.

Just my .02.

Yep. I think you're right on the money there. Timg has enough on his plate. However, for those enterprising individuals that are suggesting the idea, do some investigating to see what the possibilities are for that idea.

Just my .02.

+1 :D

I like that - not as much as Elf Balls, but I like it.:D

Why do I know I'm gonna regret saying that?

One would assume that they wouldn't be free. I would think that timg wouldn't mind making a bit of a profit but anyway what exactly would you guys like to see on the patch? If timg didn't want to bother with it we could go in any direction. It wouldn't have to incorporate DGCR. The guy at Fade does embroidery. I'm sure he could hook us up.

I would say name, local club info/affiliation, home town, a membership number of some kind. Whether it be DGCR, PDGA, local club it doesn't matter.

I wouldn't put too much personal info on there just because I don't trust anyone. ever. :|

How exactly is a DGCR patch going to deter theft. IMO that would make the bag more appealing to steal.

I do like the idea of a DGCR patch for decoration, not so much for theft deterence.

Seams like a great idea. I would love to have my DGCR # on my bag, it would be recognisable to more people than my local club #. Though I put both of them up on here. :)

it depends on how many stitches it is the only way i would be able to get a cost is if i did the artwork and then digitized (file machine reads) it. and b4 i would do that i would want serious inquiries only.

Latest posts