• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No Excuses Disc Golf: Dispelling the Mystery

Some family issues came up that needed emergency funds. So sadly, I had to sell Game Changer 001. Until those funds can be replaced, I am occupying myself by trying to draft up the Game Changer 2.0. Or as I am calling it, "The Grid." I took some features from other bags made by Dave to try and tweak the design. But I still tried to keep as much as I could from my original bag to still make it a Game Changer. The side putter pockets are still here. But I added slots above them for 1 disc each for go-to drivers. The front storage pill is still there, but I shrunk it down. It's roughly only 5" tall and 3" deep. It will be good for a birdie bag, extra towel, etc. Basically playing gear. To compensate, I took a design feature from his latest "Gryphon Repack" bag. The top now flattens out to access a storage compartment that will house 2 bottle holders, a Velcro pouch for phone/wallet/keys, and some extra space. To accommodate the top storage compartment, I had to lower the main compartment opening. It's now designed like some of Dave's FMP backpacks and will only have room for one disc slot. The main compartment will still fit 14-16 discs. So fully loaded will be around 25 discs. I'll likely still operate with my 16 or so and use my U-channel dividers for some extra towel/hoody storage in the main compartment. I designed the straps to have a slight S-shape for a better fit, and will likely add a sternum strap as well.

I think it's a tighter, more streamlined design. It is early in my drafting, so I'm sure things will change as I stare at it. It's going to be a little while before I can commission Dave to make this bag, so feedback or criticisms are welcome.

Attachments

• TheGridBasic.jpg
    TheGridBasic.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 135
I was sorry to see you needed to put that bag on the market. Hopefully whatever circumstances that forced you to do that resolve themselves soon, and you can get your replacement.

At least you get to toy with a new design though, right? ;) I like the look of all the putter pockets.

I am bumping this thread because I received my Large (very large) and Small (medium) sized bags.

I hope to film a video later today. It'll be dorky, but… so am I.

necro bump

I was filling out a bag survey and randomly remembered this bag builder and his funky custom designs. Does anyone know if this guy still shaking and grooving within the disc golf scene?

Latest posts