• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Timg and others that could help: We Want Patches...

How exactly is a DGCR patch going to deter theft. IMO that would make the bag more appealing to steal.

I do like the idea of a DGCR patch for decoration, not so much for theft deterence.

i have a roc patch ironed on my bag. just because i like the disc not because it will deter theft.

I use patches to identify my bag:)

I'm about to take one of the name tape from a pair of my old BDUs from when I was in the military and add that on to the bag too:) (just in case my guard dog doesnt do the trick)

micnbag.jpg

theres like another 10 patches you cant see in that pic lol.

The DGCR patches should be mass produced one time. Like a sticky name tag at your family reunion.

Have the basic design/lettering done the same on each one...Says DGCR member or whatever on it, with a large blank space to "Sharpie" in your number or whatever. Easier and cheaper then sewing in each ones personalized info. It would look good to. I can draw my number cooler than it can be sewn.

Last edited:
I use patches to identify my bag:)

I'm about to take one of the name tape from a pair of my old BDUs from when I was in the military and add that on to the bag too:) (just in case my guard dog doesnt do the trick)

micnbag.jpg

Ive seen that disc before! Dont let that pooch get ahold of it!:D

The DGCR patches should be mass produced one time. Like a sticky name tag at your family reunion.

Have the basic design/lettering done the same on each one...Says DGCR member or whatever on it, with a large blank space to "Sharpie" in your number or whatever. Easier and cheaper then sewing in each ones personalized info. It would look good to. I can draw my number cooler than it can be sewn.

if people are seriously interested in this (i am), we should get an order going.

looks like it's a matter of gauging interest here (i.e. how many people will actually pay for one) and seeing about how many should be made and how much the cost would be per person.

i'd buy one.

We should start a thread "only" for people to post their stolen bag info(pics).With so many of us on ebay and craigslist when we something fishy or maybe something thats looks familiar we could go to DGCR and check the thread.

cost depends on stitch count which depends on size and other factors this wont be answered until artwork is done and its digitized.

Might DGCR's Personal Bag Tags fit the bill?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/store/#

Although easily removable, but I suppose a sewn on patch would really be tough to remove.

Ordered one two weeks ago actually :)

The idea here is to make my bag less valuable to a reseller. Or at least make it HARDER. Thieves don't like to do the chop shop work, they drop the car off and get outta there.

\/\/

cost depends on stitch count which depends on size and other factors this wont be answered until artwork is done and its digitized.

I say you take the "swoosh" logo from here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25

And put it on a let's say...3x5 patch? With a spot that says DGCR #: ______

If we're talking some sort of reasonable price, I'm totally in. Once you've got a price in mind, I'll pay up front.

\/\/

P.S. If that patch is going to be outrageously priced...which I'll let everybody decide on. I'd be almost as happy with a fully emroidered simple patch that just said WILL A. CARPENTER DGCR#7519

Patches?!? We don't need no steenkin patches!
Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Interested to see how this pans out...

I think I'm going to have my pdga number actually embroidered into the bag itself so that it would be a real PIA tear it off. Removing a patch isn't that difficult to do.

You may want to add your NRA membership number and a 'Protected By Smith & Wesson' patch. Size helps, but weapons are nice too. Just ask that guy that Indiana Jones F***** up.

I have my bag rigged to blow like Mad Max's in the Road Warrior. Works great. Except when I'm in airports.

Latest posts