• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Titanium Update!!!!

I'll definitely try out a titanium buzzz, but one thing has me a bit concerned. Everybody is comparing it to gold line plastic, and I haven't thrown many flat gold line discs. I don't know if this is due to the plastic itself, or how latitude designed the molds or what. If titanium plastic is going to be very similar to gold line, I'm hoping buzzzes mold up fairly flat still.

I'll definitely try out a titanium buzzz, but one thing has me a bit concerned. Everybody is comparing it to gold line plastic, and I haven't thrown many flat gold line discs. I don't know if this is due to the plastic itself, or how latitude designed the molds or what. If titanium plastic is going to be very similar to gold line, I'm hoping buzzzes mold up fairly flat still.

Lat has straight mids. I got a core and that thing goes straight as can be for me and people talk a lot about the fuse.

I am really hopin for the Ti Banger GT... though is probs not gonna happen :(

I have a GL Striker that is almost concave.

I'm talking about the flatness of the flight plate of the disc. I hope discraft can get titanium plastic to mold up just a good ol flat topped z buzzz.

Wow. Just wow. Not at you, at the creeper lady.

She was on a hole at a Bolf Charity outing for a radio station I worked at years ago. My wife brought home pre-natal vitamins yesterday and I remembered she said she saw twins in my future. I am just assuming it is the same lady. Not sure how many coffee psychics are out there.

If Ti is anything like gold line plastic, it's gonna fly like butter. GL glides like crazy. And it's more durable than the other glidey plastics (DX/Pro/etc.)

someone who has thrown a few Ti discs in recent months told me it looks every bit as good as GL plastic but doesn't have that same buttery tack feeling.

someone who has thrown a few Ti discs in recent months told me it looks every bit as good as GL plastic but doesn't have that same buttery tack feeling.

Pretty sure the glide of GL doesn't have to do so much with the plastic, but with the design of their discs?

Pretty sure the glide of GL doesn't have to do so much with the plastic, but with the design of their discs?

The coefficient of fricition of the polymer plays a role too I'm sure. I'm no physicist or chemist though so take with a grain of salt.

I was really just curious, I don't know shyt about dat stuff, mus be cuz im from jawjuh.

Ti talon also sounds great. Bring back the OOP
This

so its going to be more slippery or....? sounds lame if so. GL sucks ass as far as grip goes in the cold unless its been beaten to hell.

The coefficient of fricition of the polymer plays a role too I'm sure. I'm no physicist or chemist though so take with a grain of salt.

Not a physicst or engineer muhself, and while not even familiar with GL plastic, I will say sometimes plastic does appear to affect glide. Innova's Pro line is considered by many to have more glide (in a given mold) than their other offerings.

Personally, I'm going to have to see it/feel it/throw it before I make any sort of judgement on it at all. Speculation is fun, but honestly there's not a lot of facts in this thread. The only thing I could hope for out of Titanium is that it's super durable. Like CE, but better. With a name like Titanium it better be.