• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] To bead or not to bead?

To bead or not to bead?

• Beads are teh best

Votes: 33 21.7%
  • Beads are dumb and stuff

Votes: 21 13.8%
  • I swing both ways

Votes: 98 64.5%

• Total voters
Feel is all mental. I can throw just as cleanly with or without bead. Not to say that it's gonna be clean either way, but I digress. Switch hitter ya'll. Love my Wizards and Aeros.

I feel the need. The need for bead.

BUT, only on my putters. I throw both beaded and non-beaded mids, so I voted both.

I swing both ways. Putting with gstar bb mids go between my mako3 and rocs and driving putter is champion PnA aviar

Almost seems like I'm the only one who tries to keep the bag beadless. Pure, Buzzz and Verdict all the way.

For me beadless is better also for putting and driving, but the biggest difference is with the flicks. I like to have my whole bag available in terms of disc selection also when I throw a FH so it's nice to have only beadless discs in all ranges.

I've been battling between the Mercy and the PA3. I have yet to throw the PA3, but I may bag it for a few weeks to figure it out. Either way I don't have a preference when it comes to bead or no bead for putters. Mids are a different story and I prefer no bead.

I have to have beads on all my putters and mids. It might be mental, but I think I have more control with beaded discs.

I personally started out throwing wizards, but never got to that confident point with my putting. Then I tried a warlock one day (beadless wizard) and the difference was immediately noticeable. I would say it's just personal preference, but prefer beadless myself.

IMO there's almost like one of those old scales. One side accuracy/over stable and the opposite side distance/under stable. For mid's I'm trying to always be more accurate so I throw Roc3's plus I can get a plastic like mcpro and have that same mold but under stable. But for putting I only throw the nova for strait to anhyzer shots and P2 if I need a little more power and more finish at the end. I putt with a mcpro aviar so I guess mid's beaded roc3's/gators. Putters are all beadless nova/p2/aviar

Used to hate beaded anything. Got used to throwing both. Will say it feels weird to putt without a bead now though.

I'll use whatever gets the job done the most consistently.

I'm backwards...and maybe to a fault, but that's the way I am.

Beaded for putting / shaping. Beadless for driving and approaching. It has more to do with how my game evolved than a real good reason, but that's how I play it. I'll throw a Judge or Wizard inside for 40'. When I discovered the Judge, I started putting much better, so in the circle, that's my disc. Outside the circle is a Wizard. Then, I found the Pure and learned to drive with those. I also use beadless mids (Buzzz, Meteor), so the Pure just feels like another mid to me.

Latest posts