• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

To Chalk or not to Chalk

D'oh, you suggest that patting hands & transferring grip aid to one spot on the disc is legal. I agree. QA-EQU-04 agrees.

What do you think about patting the entire disc w/ grip aid then transferring the aid to your hands by rotating the disc as you feel for the spot you want to grip? I think that is OK too. The RC may not agree.
Is there is a point you or others think applying too much grip dust should be prohibited? My background is science & law enforcement so I'm wondering how that would be defined, measured & enforced.

I suggest that any amount of grip aid is detectable & adds weight but see no way to objectively measure and enforce that rule . Nor do I see a reason to regulate the amount used or the application method. Gymnastics, billiards, weightlifting, sumo come to mind.

If Nikko is possibly using too much grip aid as you suggest should we add that to his excessive time violations? :D