• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Today I broke my toe on the 6th hole. I then proceded to bag my first ace.

ORGrown

Bogey Member
Walking down a rockly slope on the 6th, I hit a patch of ice and slid right middle toe first into a nice edge of a boulder. Obvious signs of it being broken included shooting pains, swelling, bruising in two distinct places, and the inability to bend. Against the advice of my roundmates, I was steadfast for finishing the round. We continue on more or less uneventful until we get to the 13th hole. It was a 220' shot through a narrow fairway, with an OB line going from tee to basket 12' to the right. Supersoft (that's not really that soft) Wizard to chains! I've had a few metal hits, but they've all bounced out/off, making this my first ace and it rocks!
The course was Fruita Riverfront DGC, in Fruita CO
wglMHl.jpg

Awesome! And ouch. Youmnever forget that first ace and yours has a great story attached. Hope the digit heals quick, but I say keep throwing the toe may be a good luck charm.

Nice ace!
Doesn't look it it should be cold enough for ice looking at how you are dressed:)

Congrats on the Ace! Hopefully you won't need to beak any bones to get a 2nd.
Nice ace!
Doesn't look it it should be cold enough for ice looking at how you are dressed:)

My thought exatly. If it's cold enough for patches of ice, I'm at least wearing a hoodie. But I also noticed there's no green in the vegetation. Maybe it was one of those nice sunny days in the 40's, and he could get away with a T-shirt & jeans.

when i read the thread title, i was hoping it was with the PD i traded you. regardless, good work!

when i read the thread title, i was hoping it was with the PD i traded you. regardless, good work!

That PD has become the bread and butter of my bag. I'm seriously in love with it. I even smashed one dead center into the front of the cage on a 310' at my home course a couple weeks ago with it. :D

Nice ace!

To be fair, I was wearing a hoodie until the 10th or so, but it really wasn't. I had a drive land right next to a cliff in a spot that never gets hit by sun at this time of year. That probably affected me falling as well because I wasn't thinking to look out for ice.

Congrats on the ace.

Now when your crew gives you crap, you can non-chalantly say "I only get aces when I break my toe"

Congrats on the ace. Get the toe looked at. I busted up a few toes once and didn't get it looked at for a week. The nurse called me the stupidest and most stubborn man she ever met. Two surgical boots and two bottles of pain killers later I was fine. All the little fractures healed quickly with the right support.

Congrats on the ace. Get the toe looked at. I busted up a few toes once and didn't get it looked at for a week. The nurse called me the stupidest and most stubborn man she ever met. Two surgical boots and two bottles of pain killers later I was fine. All the little fractures healed quickly with the right support.

Yeah, Steeze makes a great point. I have a finger on my left had that I will never be able to straighten or bend completely because I waited 6 weeks for my "jammed" finger to heal. It was broken as if it were split like a log. A trip to the Doc is really good advise.

In 2008 I played in the Morely Fling and broke my foot the day before the 1 day tourney on hole 14. I slipped off the end of the teepad and came down on it in a push up like position. I taped it up and walked with a cane the next day at the tourney, only threw standing throws and proceeded to win the tourney and a basket. I think I even shot a thousand rated round. This story brings up good memories like that one.

congrats on the ace

Last edited:
Congrats on the ace bro. Ace's are great just try not to break bones while your getting them :) Hope that toe heals :thmbup: