• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Too long for a Buzzz or a Roc, what should I throw?

ominae

What do you throw when you are just out of reach of the pin, but it is too long for your Buzzz or Roc and too short for a distance driver? I tried a Squall, Teebird, TL, Leopard, Impact, Element and a Stalker to no avail. The Stalker for me seemed the best, but it is just a tad too overstable. Any one have any suggestions for this type of shot? Thanks.

What did the TL do that you didnt like? Too long?

Is there a slight right curve or left curve or is it just straight?

I am thinking Eagle but how far are we talking?

If you cant get there with a Buzzz or Roc giving them your best distance, but you cannot get those fairway drivers to work, one way or another, I would say the disc insnt the issue.

firechicken if I can cause I can place it pretty well

I love a dx cheetah for those shots between 300' and 330', too long to get accuracy out of a roc for me, too short for a distance driver without taking some off and losing some predictability. It's an easy disc to throw, and extremely accurate for me.

The TL had more than a slight curve to the left. I feel more comfortable throwing it off the tee.

I use either DX Gazelles or DX Teebirds. Gazelles and Cyclones split the difference between mids and long fairway/distance drivers really well. They're easy to power down on but can still go a really long way with some power behind and air underneath them.

Ahh so its not enough to put enough power into the disc is what you are saying, right?

Try a more understable driver, like a Monarch, Roadrunner or Sidewinder. You should be able to take some off of those and not have so much of a left curve.

You should try a comet. Farthest flying midrange out there and it has a 0 stability so it won't fade hard at the end. Other than that try hyzer spiking an overstable midrange

A Discraft Impact would be exactly what you are looking for. I would personaly use my 180 star cro

Is there a difference in the Eagle molds? I thought I saw an Eagle-L and a Eagle-X. Not sure though. What disc does the eagle compare to?

Is there a difference in the Eagle molds? I thought I saw an Eagle-L and a Eagle-X. Not sure though. What disc does the eagle compare to?
Eagle L is Less stable
Eagle X is eXtra stable

I would think the Impact would be the perfect tool....medium fast and super straight with little to no fade. If it's not working for you, I'd also say it's not the disc that's the problem.

If you still can't reach it with a TL then why don't you throw a driver? It sounds like you want something flippy so try a Roadrunner

meybe you just suck

Very constructive criticism, especially coming from a guy who can't spell the word maybe. :D

I third or or whatever the Impact suggestion, but honestly if it's too long for a Buzzz or Roc but not long enough for a driver than you might actually suck and need to work on driving those mids more.

Latest posts