• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Took out our course.

If my local course got taken away I'd be pretty pissed too. If i had an oppturnity to play that course I most likely wouldn't because im not into object disc golf but hey that's one mans opinion

I disagree. This sounds completely fair.

I wouldn't expect anyone, anywhere to let me put up whatever I want whenever I want on property that wasn't mine.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to lose a disc golf course even if it was illegally installed. But I'm not going to blame "The Man" when its discovered, found to be non-approved and a potential liability, and then subsequently removed.

I'm not refering to what they did with that course, I'm talking about the actions of the representitive from the city that has been giving the disc golfers the run around for years, then he gives them the old why don't you just go to Grants Pass speach. I was refering to things that were said on the other message board that was linked to off here. Of course "the man" is going to take out pirate courses when they find them, that's just something were going to have to deal with if we want to make pirate courses. And for that mater if people make pirate courses they probably shouldn't be puting them up on here, this seams like common sense, but that's getting alot less common these days.:doh:

I've played more than one pirate course in HumChris' neck of the woods (though they were old school ones; and I will be very thrilled when the day comes that I can make a trip that way again to play some even better, "unknown" courses). They were interesting. Chico, Cal. used to have home made tone poles; and that is still one of the funnest days of discing I ever had; partially because my brother was there. I think tone poles; both homemade and the good official ones; have much the same target area as pole holes (baskets); and are a much cheaper alternative. I'm actually surprised there are not more tone pole courses around.

Putting up a bandit course does nothing to endear the DG community to the authorities. Being in partnership with your P&R dept. is the way to go. For one thing, the fairways in the overflow parking situation would have likely been avoided.

I've played more than one pirate course in HumChris' neck of the woods (though they were old school ones; and I will be very thrilled when the day comes that I can make a trip that way again to play some even better, "unknown" courses). They were interesting. Chico, Cal. used to have home made tone poles; and that is still one of the funnest days of discing I ever had; partially because my brother was there. I think tone poles; both homemade and the good official ones; have much the same target area as pole holes (baskets); and are a much cheaper alternative. I'm actually surprised there are not more tone pole courses around.

:hfive:

When you come back, I'll give you the tour. There are probably lots of great courses that have poped up sence you were in this neck of the woods last. If I make it out that way on the trip I'm hoping to do next year I hope you will be able to show me around some of the courses, or at least be able to set me up with a guide.

Great! Less people on my courses!!!:D:thmbup::p

Well I highly doubt any tone courses get "A LOT" of people. And you won't have to worry about any big major events on your course. For me, and probably over 90% of the DG population, part of the game of disc golf is throwing the disc in the basket. Actually, it's not just a part of the game, it IS the most important part of the game.

Why even have tone poles? Why not just mark off some trees with chalk? What a bright idea, we could create courses in any area that has at least 9 trees lol

But I get it, baskets are too expensive for some areas or like the OP's thread, it's a pirate course.

Well I highly doubt any tone courses get "A LOT" of people. And you won't have to worry about any big major events on your course. For me, and probably over 90% of the DG population, part of the game of disc golf is throwing the disc in the basket. Actually, it's not just a part of the game, it IS the most important part of the game.

Why even have tone poles? Why not just mark off some trees with chalk? What a bright idea, we could create courses in any area that has at least 9 trees lol

But I get it, baskets are too expensive for some areas or like the OP's thread, it's a pirate course.

We do actualy have alot of people on my home course the Redwood Curtain, and have had many major events there. Dave Fieldberg comes up every year to play the Bigfoot tourny.

As for having tonepoles over trees with chalk is that you can hear when you hit a good tonepole. A well made one, like the ones that Chainsaw put up out here you can hear from quite a distance, and they have a beutifull ring to them. As for tree targets typicly their better marked with a marking tape, and are reserved for pirate coruses.

So its good to know that you will never be out here playing DG in my neck of the woods.:p

So its good to know that you will never be out here playing DG in my neck of the woods.:p

Ditto. We only have real DG courses with baskets around here so that's one less person in my neck of the woods. Ching!!!!! :thmbup:

Do you even know how disc golf got started? Object courses using trees.

Do you even know how disc golf got started? Object courses using trees.

Did we pull a LOST and time travel back in time?

More power to anybody that wants to play with the tones. I personally don't want to unless I was just out there practicing drives and midranges. But I need a basket to practice my putting.

^If the only course in an 2 hour radius is an object course, I would be willing to bet you would play it. Welcome to my world.

Danger; now you've ruined the excitement that had been building from the thought of all those hidden baskets in Yellowstone. I was wondering how that was happening....:)

Oh, but I didn't say it was ENTIRELY object. There are four baskets hidden in the park :)

picture.php

Latest posts